Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

And after war... the junkbox

Comes peace, even if short-lived. This jeton is the result of the outcome of the Battle of Marengo. A tired Europe begged for peace though it took another couple of years for it to briefly appear.

This jeton is extremely rare in this condition and was commonly holed for wear. I got it as part of a lot that a dealer sent me. He said pick through them, give him $4 for each of the ones I kept and send the rest back. Pretty good deal, kind of a glorified junk box only better quality.

Post your images of peace, or, your coolest junkbox find! image

Vern
You want how much?!!
NapoleonicMedals.org
(Last update 3/6/2007)

Comments

• Options
    I don't have it handy to scan, but my coolest junk box find is a 1600's St Patrick Farthing that was in
    a dealer's 50c box back around 1990 or so.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they certainly ain't the nicest I've had, but here are two of the keys from a complete set of Peace dollars I just bought in an old album:

How strange that I got them identically aligned on the scanner bed. Hmm.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Here it is interesting peace dollar/ruble, commemorating peace between USA/USSR, after the period of Cold War.
    Made of Missile Metal !
    N. N.
  • Options
    Nice ones guys! Surely there are other great junkbox finds out there that folks would like to share... image
    Vern
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Not darkside for me, but I came across these CWT's in a junk box two weeks ago.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

We ARE watching you.

• Options
    JohnZ,
    Point me in the direction of THAT dealer's junk box!
  • Options
    JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732
    Point me in the direction of THAT dealer's junk box!

It wasn't a junk box per se. He had a box of CWT's and I fished out some of the nicer looking ones.

We ARE watching you.