Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who Collects Raw Coins in Dansco Albums?

Well, who does? Does anybody other than me still get the thrill of filling in those holes?

Show your Dansco album sets!
DSW

Comments

• Options
    rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I have a Type set in a Dansco Album, but can't show it. It is in safe deposit box!! image

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey LawGuy

i prefer the Intercept Shield albums but still think there's a market for that kind of stuff. so far i have Ike Dollars, SAE's and Jefferson Nickel albums and i'll soon be getting a Kennedy album. the sets i'm doing are all toned except the Eagles.

al h.image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    I do!

and in Wayte Raymond albums as well...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I don't have any Dansco albums. All I have is this old thing with my circulated Two Centers:

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a US Type Dansco that I am working on......still many holes, mostly in the early halves and dollars. Also have a hole in the 20c piece.
    imageimage

• Options
    FragmentumFragmentum Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Me, me, me, me too.
    Proof and Unc SAE's, Disney Dollars, etc.
    My SAE's 'mature' quite nicely in them as well.
    Can you say 'tone'...?
    Collecting ASE's, Disney Dollars, high end for type set and other shiny objects with crayola colors...
  • Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    I've got my MS commens in Dansco's. I like the way they look and enjoy watching them fill up over time.

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    Mine are empty, not like Russ's. So they weigh lessimage
    Tom

• Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Yo tambien
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Got a set of Morgans in 2 Dansco's, only missing the 1895. Nothing real special, ranges from fair to bril. unc ( ha). I still enjoy playing with it, always looking to bump up with more of the same. These are my HOBBY books. (read FUN).
    gravity--it's the law.
  • Options
    BigGreekBigGreek Posts: 1,090
    Sorry, I can't post pics yet. But I've got a complete -2 Lincols+proof-only album
    and me and my wife and working on little pocket change competition to fill
    a pair of state quarter albums. (since we are in Massachusetts we get all the
    P mints commonly, but the D mints are harder to come by so far the score is
    6-10 (her) but I just scored an Arkansas-D which I need to get in there). I also
    have a pair of Washington quarter albums that I'm filling with BU coins. These
    will go to the kids one day (along with everything else).
    Please check out my eBay auctions!
    My WLH Short Set Registry Collection
  • Options
    Type set, Morgan date set, Liberty nickels, Walking Liberty half short set, Lincoln cents 1909-1958, and a full WLH set in a Littleton album. (Couldn't bring myself to crack out the 09-S VDB and 14-D pennies so they have a little cardboard filler, and don't have the 22 plain)
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    my son has a Dansco Type album that is only lacking a seated dollar With motto and some gold pieces. I've got a small fortune in that thing.
  • Options
    Hi,

US Type Set with gold (completed-not as nice as Baley's), Morgan Date Set, Canadian Type Set, 20th Century Type Set (completed).
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Dansco albums, even this one with these funny looking coins.
    imageimage
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    I've got Morgans & Peace $s in 2 Danscos. They grade from Fair to MS63 or so. I haven't done anything with it in quite some time because I am reaching the point where only the pricier ones are left...
  • Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    I have Lincoln, Jefferson, Kennedy, SBA and Sacagawea albums. Only the Sac is complete. My only complaint is the SBA and Sac albums. Twelve coins per page leave a lot of blank space.
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I love Dansco albums, even this one with these funny looking coins. >>

And a handsome set it is! image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ClausUrchClausUrch Posts: 1,278
    Here is one page of one album....The only scan I have handy!

• Options
    coinmickeycoinmickey Posts: 767 ✭✭
    Kennedy's, Jefferson Nickels, Washington Quarters....and a Morgan type set which I have since abandoned. They seem to be fine albums.
    Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• Options
    I have a Type Set,Lincoln Cent set,Roosevelt dime set,and a Kennedy Half set,all in Danscos.I also have a State Quarter set in a Whitman album.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I just recently sold off 1/2 of a buffalo set and sold 27 of 35 Franklins in an album just yesterday. Anyone here win either one of those?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love em,

I have:
    Flying Eagles/Indians
    Lincolns
    Lib head nickels
    Lib head dimes
    Merc dimes
    Roosie dimes
    Lib head quarters
    Lib St quarters
    Washington quarters
    State quarters
    Lib head halves
    US Type
    US Commem type

as well as :
    "Lib of coins albums"
    Type set parts 1 & 2
    19th century set (2cent, 3 cent sil and nick, shield nick and 20 cents)
    Jeff nickels
    Franklin halves
    Peace dollars

Whitman plastic slide pages albums
    Buffalo nickels
    Bust halves
    Walking Lib halves #1 and 2
    Morgan dollars # 1, 2 and 3

I love albums
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Some cool pictures! No camera here yet, but I have complete circulated sets of Jeffs, Roosies, Frankies, and state quarters (so far) in Dansco albums. Many of these coins were pulled from circulation, and a lot of the silver coins were plucked from bulk silver.

My Washies lack only the 32-D, and the Lincolns have a lot of holes on the first two pages. The Buffaloes will be a long-term project.

I also have a lot of those funny looking Kennedys and need only an album to put them in. Would love to do a set of circulated Barber halves, but that's getting into real money. Circulated Walkers would also be cool and a little more doable.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Does Intercept make a type album?

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    LAWMANLAWMAN Posts: 1,278
    Astounding! Great pics. I love the Kennedy set, love the old coin boards. Danscos, Intercept, Wayte Raymond, Whitman, old coin boards ------ all good.

I am two coins away from completing a Peace Dollar Dansco and it has been really a lot of FUN, in the old sense of this hobby. More fun that I expected. They are all AU, matched - slider city, and I'll post it as soon as I get my new digital camera unwrapped.

No matter how absorbed we get with our grading and our slabs and our quest for the purrrrfect coins, lest we not forget from whence many of us came.
    DSW
  • Options
    Oops, forgot the Kennedy album, I have that one also.

I will be looking to add a Seated dimes, quater and half dollar album(s) as well as large cents.

I am not tied to Dansco however, as stated in my earlier post, I also like the Library of coins albums and the Whitman albums with the plastic slides.
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found my Frankie Dansco- didn't think I had it here.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    I like Keets idea of an intercept shield album for the SAEs. I may do the same. Hell, what's one more album?
  • Options
    cents 1909 to pres. and SBA dollars
  • Options
    VarlisVarlis Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    I'm doing bust quarters in a Dansco, but the set is embarrassingly incomplete, so I won't be showing pics. image
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Both Dansco and Whitman, and a few old Whitman folders from my childhood...

Edited to add - all the albums are complete except Bust Dimes and Type III Silver Trimes.
  • Options

I have SAE's in a Dansco.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Danscos filled and completed: BU Jeffs (two sets, one in Capital Plastic), Roosevelts and Franklins; circulated F+ Buffs and Mercs (except 16-D) completed. SLQs and Washingtons mostly done. Still working on circ-BU Lincolns and my U.S. Type set is not too far from completion. And, oh yeah, I have a few slabs ...
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does Intercept make a type album? >>

It's been in the planning stages for at least two years. The last time I email Intercept Shiled, I was told that it would be out sometime last year. They were in the final stages of the artwork.

I have a set SAEs in a Dansco album. Too many of the SAEs are starting to tone.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    I have SAE's in a Dansco Album.........image
    JoeCool
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I forgot to add that I also have Dansci type set . I think they are the only ones that make a type set book.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    NumismanicNumismanic Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭
    I have a complete set of uncirculated 1946 to 1996 Roosevelt dimes with proof only issues in a Dansco album.

Don
  • Options
    MrSpudMrSpud Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭
    I recently rescued the Jefferson nickels from my delapidated childhood Whitman folder and put them in a new Dansco album. Almost all of them were pulled from circulation in the late 60's and early 70's. I'm having a lot of fun looking for the few old ones I still need in coin stores as well as getting rolls from the bank to finish off the set with the more recent ones. By the way, I am amazed that there are so many older Jeffersons in the rolls, including a few silver war ones. I guess since there was never any design changes that noone notices how old some of these are.

I also did the same thing with my childhood lincoln collection, that is I rescued them from the delapidated Whitman folders. Only instead of a Dansco album I picked up H.E. Harris US Mint albums for them. They have the plastic slide like the Dansco but they seem to be not made as well. Another funny thing about them is they say The Official US Mint all over the place on them and have US flag symbols but they say made in China in very small print on the back cover.

Me and my wife have also started a few other Dansco albums, namely Liberty Nickels and Mercury Dimes. My wife did really good at filling in the Mercury Dimes. She has everything filled but the 16D. Still has some upgrading to do on a few of them though. Attached are pic of the Dimes.

I really like this kind of coin collection. Slabbed coins are nice too, but these album types of collection are so much fun to put together and to look at.
    MrSpud

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file