Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Before I toss them out does anyone collect or save Beckett or Tuff magazines?

I'm cleaning out the attic, everything has to go. If it's trash just let me know.

Thanks.
My life is changing so I need to come up with another signature.

Comments

• Options
    I actually save Becketts, but have them all. I don't know if the Tuff Stuff's are worth saving/selling but if they contain card inserts, I would say they definitely have value.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    Fabfrank; Thanks for responding, I have so much stuff I have get rid of, it's hard to decide what to toss. It's a crazy world out there when it comes to collectables. I would think all your magazines are in mint shape, if not maybe I can improve on them. I have no use for them and the kids don't want them.

I also have thousands of common cards the kids left behind, we are going to relocate and I won't have the space for storage. Most are in order and in mint condition. Their collection started back in the mid 70s. They also started a funny book collection but never continued with that. If your interested in anything let me know.
  • Options

I used to like Tuff Stuff for the set ratings, but I don't think they do that anymore. Let me know if you have one that has all the ratings & discussion for football. Thanks.

Chris
  • Options
    i still like old tuff stuffs. if you have any issues 99-present lmk
  • Options
    I just pulled the Tuff magazines, there are two sizes, the larger ones dated 1991 the smaller ones are dated 91,92,93, 95. I don't know if that tell you what you need to know.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would probably be interested in at least the large size ones. Possibly some of the others as well. What do you want for them? Are they in readable condition (as that's what I'd do with them)?

Reply here or e-mail me (tabe@tabe.nu) please.

Tabe
    www.tabe.nu
  • Options
    Chris, just tell me what to look for, I don't have a clue.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Anyone collect becketts or are they worth anything? I have The first 150 or so baseball becketts. The first 22 or so are in perfect mint condition. I also have the first basketball, football, golf, and the one with todd van poppel and nolan ryan on the cover. Anyone interested??

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    Me Too!!!
    If anyone is interested in older Becketts, TuffStuffs, or Baseball Cards mags or the cards inside, LMK.

Handicapper, where are you located?
    Working on 1975, 1977 Topps Baseball
    Also collect Ripken & cards of UNC Basketball players in UNC Uniform
    MSN Messenger: fins2left00@hotmail.com
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone collect becketts or are they worth anything? I have The first 150 or so baseball becketts. The first 22 or so are in perfect mint condition. I also have the first basketball, football, golf, and the one with todd van poppel and nolan ryan on the cover. Anyone interested??

dave >>

the first issue has sold for upwards of 100 bucks, albeit several years ago. im frankly baffled on why mags arent widely collected. many times theyre cheaper than cards, and display much better.

if anyone has any older issues of SCD, let me know. i collect them mainly as reference tools
  • Options
    fins2left; I'm located in Lenox MA.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to have some Becketts, but I am on the West Coast. I'll have to think about the shipping charges....

Becketts are desired, its just a matter of finding the right people. They are definately not junk, especially in mint condition.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    DeutscherGeist;

I don't know how to grade what I have but I would say, not mint maybe good at best.
  • Options
    Handicapper- What years are the common cards from and how many do you have? Also when you say funny books do you mean comic books. If you want, email me a list at FFMAZZ@AOL.COM and we'll see what we can work out or if it's better for you to move the stuff locally.
  • Options
    jersterjerster Posts: 828 ✭✭✭
    Shipping shouldn't be too bad if you send Media mail - just include a paperback or something in the package so when you get the question at the post office - "what's inside, books?" you can answer with a straight face.

• Options
    Fabfrank; Sorry, I did meant comic books, in my day we called funny books. I'll bring them down tonight, I can reach them. image)

On the common cards I don't know how many, all I can say is there's many boxes, your know the rectangular ones about 4'x 16'. If you can tell me how many are in a box like that I can give you a fair idea.
    rectangular
  • Options
    As for the cards, I would say count up one box and than estimate what all the boxes would total up to. Try to get an idea of the years and the sport (baseball, football, etc.) As for the comics, condition is key. Email the list and titles. I can give you an idea what they would go for in good condition. That'll help you make your decision.
  • Options
    Fabfrank;

Boy, I didn't know what I was getting into here, I thought there might be 25 or so comic books and there's well over a 100.

Punisher, spiderman, Daredevel; Xman, Black Condor, X Force, Ghost Rider, Fool Killer, The Infinity Gauntlet, The Spectacular Spider-man, Iron man, Weapon X, X Men Unlimited, Silver Sable, Silver Surfer, Lobo, Batman- Dark Knight, Post- Fruity Pebbles- the Flintstones, Wolverine, Young Blood.

I would say Punisher and Spiderman account for 60 % of the
    collection, more Punisher than Spiderman.

I just want to add, they are in plastic wraps and I would say in mint condition, there's only a few not in wrap. I didn't know they made comics books so thin.
  • Options
    Anything with Carlton Fisk on the cover?
  • Options

Handi

Any of the later ones should have what I'm looking for. Let me know what you want for one.

Chris
  • Options
    mercurynut;

I assume you mean on the Beckett or Tuff magazines, if so I'll give them a look today.