Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A ? for Buff. Nick collectors...

I have a 38-D Buff. in MS-66. Is it common for this date to have a DDR (ie: E. Pluribus unum is clearly doubled)?
What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?

Comments

• Options
    EvilMCTEvilMCT Posts: 799 ✭✭✭
    According to Treasure Hunting Buffalo Nickls by Wexler, Pope and Flynn, there is a DDR variant of the 1938-D listed as WDDR-001/WOMM-003. The pictures show doubling of E Pluribus Unum as you've described. But, this is also a D/S (hence the WOMM-003) variety. In their comments, they mention that this variety draws more interest for the over mintmark than the doubling.

Do you have a pic? image

Ken
    my knuckles, they bleed, on your front door
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    There are many doubled dies in the Buffalo series. Unfortunately, most of them are not severe enough to warrant a price premium.

Do you have any pictures?
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Thanks fellas...Na shamika, no pics. I'm not savvy enough..YET...to render thepic necessary to show youimage

Edited to add: I do notice that this coin HAS a doubled MM (The 'D' is doubled at the top)
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file