Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1953 Bowman Color

Hi all - I'm considering throwing my hat into the 53 Bowman Color ring (in PSA 6/7). It's a pricey set, but the images are just so freakin cool (and the HOF player population helps too).

I was hoping there were other collector's that have experience with this set that could help me out. Which cards are notoriously the most difficult to find...which dealers are the best source...and so on.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Mark

Comments

• Options
    card 128 (lockman) still the toughest. Cards 113-128 in general alleged to have lower total population than the remaining high numbers 129-160, apparently due to a production mishap. In my experience 113 & 128 tougher to find than the others, particularly in high grade. Virtually all the low numbers are quite easy, so be patient....#'s 64-80 may be a bit scarcer than the others, but they do turn up. Best sources in my experience with the set are Craig Roehrig (for whatever reason, maybe bowman had good distribution in WI & MN, lots of high-end raw cards turn up there), Dave Forman, Bill Goodwin. JP Cohen has an ability to turn over rocks and find tougher cards, but you'll pay full price for the privilege. Have fun!

ak
    Got any PSA 9's from the '53 Bowman Color set?