Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1955 Bugs Bunny Franklin

For those of you who have never seen a Bugs Bunny Franklin. Here is one. Due to a die clash, past of the image of the wing wound up on Franklins' lips, making it look like he has buck teeth.

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    What up Pug???
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I've been meaning to ask, is that a Monte Cristo Frank?

Rgrds
    TP
  • Options
    Frank,
    Did that occur with just the 55's or other dates too?image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Hey Thomas:

Though only a quirky die clash, Bugs Bunny Franklins have been popular since B. Max Mehl (Coinguy1's uncle bytheway image) promoted them in the 50's. Since then, versions of this die clash have been discovered in 1951P and 1954P issues. Though they don't bring much of a premium, they're always a neat thing to have in your Frankie collection. This is the second '55 in my collection, I also have a '51. I have seen a '54 but didn't pull the trigger on it when I should've and it got away - Hopefully I'll run into another one one of these days. image

Frank

Tom - Studly Pugs only smoke Monte Cristo's image
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    What sort of premium do these bring?
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Thanks Frank. I purchased a set of Frankies from Sarasotafrank. I was just looking at them and found that my 55 is a BB variety...Ben appears to have 2 fangsimage
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Shamika:

Generally if we're talking MS64 or below, there's really not much of a premium. In higher grades, MS65FBL and above, you might see a $20-30 premium, but generally it's the quality of the coin that carries the premium, along with what interest a given collector might have in the piece. I did seem to recall somewhere that the record for an MS66FBL Bugs Bunny was around $700-800, but I can't recall where I read it.

Frank
  • Options
    They are actually fairly common but they are also loved by Frankie collectors.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,762 ✭✭✭✭
    Frank,

The record is stated in Tomaska's book.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Thanks Chris! image
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    Frank;
    I just found a 54 sitting in my book. It only appears to have 1 fang not 2. It's weaker than the 55
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I want one! Nice one. I'll put a post up on the buying/selling area.

Rgrds
    TP image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file