Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Don West

I'm new here, and this topic may or may not have already been beaten into the ground, but one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life is www.donwest.org. It's this fan tribute site for the man, they myth, the legend of Shop at Home. If you know who Don is but have never been to the site, it will have you rolling for hours. If you've never experienced him, he and Kenny are about to show you how its done via SJ7197.

Comments

• Options
    As someone who used to work third shift and watch that show for kicks, I think that is the funniest thing ever!! My wife used to do a good "I'm gonna have a heart attack" Don West impression. PRICELESS!
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    awesome,thanks!
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I loved that guy! I cannot believe he hasn't landed somewhere since.

Nick
  • Options
    JmnesqJmnesq Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Don West is a color commentator for NWA:TNA wrestling.
    Jeff

Collecting Bowman Chrome Phillies Rookie Cards and Mike Schmidt certified auto cards.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    THIS IS NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I was down at the Super Bowl in Atlanta in 2000 and went to the 989 fanfest. On the 2nd floor of the convention center Don West and his sidekick (Kenny Goldin, I think) were set up doing live broadcasts for Shop at Home. Because I watched the TV show, I had to watch it live and it was a trip, he was sweating up a storm and spitting every time he yelled "PEYTON MANNIING!!!!!! FOLKS, DON'T WAIT ON THIS ONE, HE IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!! PEYTON MANNING!!!!" What you didn't see at home was him looking down at the note cards placed on the props when the camera wasn't on him, then when they went live to him Viola "PEYTON MANNING!!!! WHA WHA WHAT CAN I SAY, WE'RE TALKING PEYTON MANNING!!!! FRIENDS, DON'T WAIT, IN 20 YEARS YOU CAN PUT YOUR KIDS THROUGH COLLEGE WITH THIS ONE!!! GET ON THE LINE NOW!!! MAKE SURE YOU GET THIS ONE, OPERATORS STANDING BY, GET YOURS BEFORE THEY ARE GONE AND THE PRICE JUST GOES UP UP UP!!!! (In my best slow, calm voice) T H E S E - A R E - G R E A T INVESTMENTS!!!" When they went to commercial, the makeup chick would come out pat him down and re-apply makeup and he would drink, what I assume was water (probably vodka tonic's), sign a few autographs (there were quite a few people watching) and get his note cards for the next item and BAM, back live into the same act again. After about 20 minutes or so, my girlfriend (now wife) said it was time to go, she knew I was about to RUN to go buy my Peyton Manning cards. Geez, I miss that guy and all the high quality "investments" he was graciously selling to us.
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    What's funnier than Don "exploding" on the mic is when he tries to get all serious. Not too long ago, in a match he was calling, Dusty Rhodes was "busted open". Now for those of you not up on wrestling, "busted open" is the term used when someone is bleeding from the head (usually from blading), and Dusty Rhodes has probably been cut open more times than just about anyone in wrestling, so it's more of an expectation in a Dusty Rhodes match than anything else. Don, on the other hand, when for the quiet, extra-reserved, "Dusty is in really bad shape. " type voice. It's even funnier than him hissing "PRISSSSSSSSTEEEEEENNNNN!".
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    PRICELESS !!!!!!!!!!!! image
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)
  • Options
    "Folks, they're 4 grand, Look it up!"

Check out the billingham.mp3, that one is long but awesome. He brags about selling the set for $4000 a month ago but you can get it for $599 now.......wait so didn't those folks a month ago take a bath?
    Looking for:
    1953 Topps in PSA 8
    1941 Playball in PSA 8.
    1952-1955 Red Man cards in 7 and 8
    1950 Bowman in PSA 8
  • Options
    I used to love watching that guy at 3 in the morning.imagegreat site too.
    1959 Topps FB Raw EX+/PSA5+
    1968 Topps Hockey PSA7+
    #1 Ben Troupe Collector
    Tradelist
    E-Mail Me