Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Kudos to Matt at PSA

I called PSA today for an odd request. On one of my first invoices to PSA in 99, I submitted a 60 Mays that was graded PSA 6. It was a card that I had traded for as an eighth grader in 1980, and regret selling it. I was not able the invoice to get the cert #, as I want to keep an eye out for it on eBay, so I figured PSA could help. Matt was the guy I talked to today and he explained that the system can only go back as far as 2002, but will talk to someone to see if he can look it up. He said he is fairly certain they can, and I should know by the end of the week. I just think that is pretty cool.
collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I spoke with Matt a few days ago. He was very courtious on the phone. In a time of some questionable customer service, it's good to point out the positives.
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I like Matt as well. When I visit the PSA booth at the Fort for submissions or a question, I always seek him out. He missed the snow storm show, so it was good to see him in March. And Matt in case your reading this, I hope your youngster is doing well...jay
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I also had to speak with someone at PSA and CAROL helped me alot. I can say that she went out of her way in helping me.

Good for you.
  • Matt called me about a mislabeled card i sent back. No big deal though. Just impressed they take the time out to contact one of the little guys!

Ben

• ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Matt's been my go to guy for years. He is a true card enthusiast!!
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • ScoopScoop Posts: 168
    I, too, have had great service from Matt. At the Ft. Washington show last Sept., I had a card that I thought was misgraded (1961 WS card was mint except for centering and according to my 10x loupe w/scale it was within 8 standards) and showed it to him. Since they were doing on-site grading, he proceeded to back room and came back with card bumped up to 8 (free of charge) when all agreed with measurements.

Also, when I told him I had a problem with pop report not loading on my pc, he hooked me up with free subscription for a year.

He may be a difficult guy to reach at his phone extension (150) at PSA, but in person at shows, he is a great service rep.

Jim S
    building 1956 Topps PSA 8/9
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Carol was also helpful to me with a problem I had. Very fast response.
    Capecards
  • Good deal Neal - hopefully this gets you one step closer to tracking that card down!

I remember talking to Peter Ma about a year ago about a similar request - I had lost track of the first few invoices I submitted around the same time period, and just wanted them to fill in my sales records. He gave a similar response, that they could only go back about a year or so, and it wasn't important enough to me to push the issue (they *have* to have a db with complete records since the inception of grading, no?). It would be really cool if someday PSA let you set up a "home page" that let you track your historical invoices, pending ones, etc. all in one spot, as well as a listing of sets you current have registered all on one page (kind of like a My Yahoo! page). Anyway, random thoughts ... let us know how it turns out!

Robert
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    1420 - in all the talk about MATT, I forgot to say that your goal of obtaining a lost card is fantastic. We all have needed 1 card to complete a set, but to look for a specific Mays w/ that exact cert # is quite the quest, and if you do locate it through eBay, someones collection or a dealers inventory, it will be a great story w/ fantastic pedigree. Good luck in your venture....jay
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    It will be a great story, but also a quest of lunacy image

It gives me something to do.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Matt is one awesome guy. He is the only one left in customer service that I find a value. It will be a sad day when he is gone for PSA.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Have worked with both Matt and Carol and have received nothing but top notch service from them both.
    I know this will get me listed as a "company clone" but the fact is that I not ever had bad service from anyone at PSA and BJ and her group are incredible. I know some people have and I respect that and I know that if I stay with them long enough, I will have a bad one too. I was a Director of Quality at a Nasdaq 100 company and I assure you, you can't win them all.
    Nice job folks,
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.