Home U.S. Coin Forum

Milwaukee South Shore Show?

VeepVeep Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
Has anyone ever been on Thursday night? I'm planning to go and Thursday would be better than Saturday but I don't know if all of the dealers will be there then. Coin world says that the show goes until 8 PM Thursday.

Thanks!
"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"

Comments

• darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of going but the weekend is closing in on me and the work is piling upimage. The Thursday night thing might be agood idea for me? mike image
  • VarlisVarlis Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    Here's the info I have:

April 1-3
    Thurs. 3-8; Friday 10-6; Sat. 10-4.
    Sheraton Four Points Hotel
    4747 South Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI

I wanted to go on Thursday afternoon, too, but I've never been so I don't know if all the dealers will be there.
  • foodudefoodude Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been to this show before, so I don't know how busy Thursday night will be; I'll be there all three days. If you stop by Table #304 (edited b/c they changed my Table #), please let me know you're a forum member- it's nice to put a face to a nickname/iconimage.

The show is located just off of I-94 right by the Milwaukee airport.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • I was at this show last year, but not on Thursday night. On Friday late afternoon, it was fairly busy, slowed during the dinner hour, then picked up a bit at night. Overall, a pretty good show. Some "fresh" material from out of town - at least the material was new to me.

I plan to be there on Friday afternoon again, maybe Saturday afternoon as well.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • VeepVeep Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
    ttt
  • Anyone else going on Friday afternoon?

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • VeepVeep Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I went tonight. I'd never been to an evening show before. I won't be doing it again. By the time I got there at 6 PM, half of the dealers were gone. By 7:30, the last dealer was closing up. I only went because its the only day that I could make it. By the way, I couldn't blame the dealers for leaving. There were hardly any customers walking around.
  • Veep, I find that going early is the best. I frequent the Long Beach show and I usually take a half day from work and arrive at 11:00 AM. I find that I'm able to talk to many dealers and I always frequent the dealers that usually bring me coins I collect!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • FragmentumFragmentum Posts: 174 ✭✭
    I went a little earlier, about 4:30 and there was a fair amount of action. Friday will be better and Saturday should do very well. I took the 1/2 day Thursday and all day Friday off work to attend. I met some good people there and developed a couple 'good' dealer to dealer relationship as well. Yes, it had thinned quite a bit by 6:30-7:00. Not the best times to judge this show. I presume there will be even more dealers present Friday and Saturday that could not make it tonight.
    I picked up some silver proof sets at a great fair price and there was actually a lot of quality material available.
    Friday and Saturday should pretty much wipe my cash reserves out!!! LOL!
    Collecting ASE's, Disney Dollars, high end for type set and other shiny objects with crayola colors...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file