Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Oh cacheman

Where are the damn images of the new Goetz Patterns so you can rub them in my face againimage

Really I am dieing to see them.image
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Just posted one of them...man, I hate trying to image through damn slabs! The other two look like hell and I have to figure out how to get them imaged...may have a crack party!!!
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Crack 'em,
    wrack 'em,
    split 'em in two.
    Then take
    your pictures-
    it's what you do.image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Crack Partyimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Goetz patterns and images, Bill, I might wanna send you or Scott my PN16 in NGC PF65 so you can image it for me, along with a 2004 Kookaburra or some suitable swap, as a fee. (?)

I'm suffering from a lack of good pictures of the thing. You know the one- the magenta monster.

Edit- don't think I'd wanna crack it, though.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LM I would be glad to help you out with this project.

Too Bad you won't let it be cracked out you would get much better imagesimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Hey LM, I got to hold your future gilt GIII last weekend...image Sweet!
  • Options
    Yeah- I know. If I cracked it, I could image it myself, albeit not as well as one of you guys. I have a cheapo Canon scanner that won't scan anything in a slab, because that little bit of plastic between the coin and the glass throws everything out of focus. If anything is the least little bit above the glass, it blurs. My big old Memorex scanner would do stuff great- at an angle, above the glass, everything. But its software clashes with something on this 'puter, and it doesn't have a USB hookup. image

I still haven't made the technological leap to a camera. I could do some great images on that old scanner, though. Almost camera quality. I still have it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey LM, I got to hold your future gilt GIII last weekend... Sweet! >>

I'm jealous! I haven't seen it in person yet!

• Options
    It's much nicer than the image and George is so ugly he's pretty....image