Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Thinking about adding some hockey player sets to the registry

any guys in particular that you'd like to see a set for? i wouldnt mind having Dryden, LaFleur, Howe, Hull, Trottier, Dionne, Rocket, etc. let me know, so i can create some weighted checklists and submit them

Comments

• Options
    Hey Will.

Great idea. I have been considering a Ken Dryden set for quite some time. It's quite surprising that there are very few player sets registered in the Hockey category. There should definately be support for Howe, Hull and many others.
    I am also considering a Tim Horton set. Up here in Canada he is a legend whose name will forever live on under the Tim Horton's Coffee banner. He had a long career with several teams until he died tragically driving his Detomaso Pantera in the mid 70's.

If you want input on the weighting of any player sets you are submitting, I'd be happy to take the time.

Rob...
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Options
    Yea,
    PLEASE add all those guys. It is pretty sad when my Pronger set is one of only a few. It's almost as bad
    as the Paul.... I mean Steve Kariya set.

Ben

• Options
    Will,

How about Hall of Fame Goalie Rookie Cards? Or at least list the HOF goaltenders separate from the huge HOF players list. Personally, I'd ask them to change the card listed for Bill Durnan in the Greatest Goalie set too. They list a 1951 Berk Ross as his Rookie. Most people consider the '55 Parkie as his RC. It's even listed in the SMR as a RC!! Both are pretty uncommon if not downright rare! I've never heard of Berk Ross, so how does it get in there as a rookie card??

Bill
  • Options
    Bill,

i agree with the HOF goalie thing. there is an "all time great goalies" set, but they include a few suspect guys. personally i think Vernon (with 2 cups) should be in over guys like Cujo. i suspect every HOF goalie is already in the set, so it might be an abbreviated version of the current one. also, i agree about the Durnan RC. if youre gonna but first cards in, then at least make it consistent. i can count at least 20 Tretiak cards issued before the 99 Retro.
  • Options

I've been thinking of requesting a Gerry Cheevers player set. Would anyone else be interested in working on that?

Paul.
    Check out my new web site: Monsters of the Gridiron
  • Options
    Come on guys, at least let me complete the STeve Kariya player set before you consider adding more players. I think these things can get a little gimmicky (sp) and there should be some sort of vetting process, otherwise we will end up with player sets of really obscure players...but hey, to each their own, I suppose.
    The first person in the PSA universe to complete the 1969 OPC
    Hockey set! Always looking to buy, trade or upgrade 1966 Topps to 1969 OPC.