Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

oohhh Kellogg's guys...Is an all time greatest set worth grading?

Currently coming up with a 50 card minimum for a PSA submission and found my set of Kellogg's all time greatest set in solid NM/NMM.

It says xograph 1970 MLB......but the SMR only has 1972 listed.
Is this the same set? Not necessarily looking to sell.
How plentiful are these sets?
Thanks in advance, Scott

Comments

• Options
    These are most likely 1970 Rold Golds. They are just like the 1972 Kellogg's set and plentiful in PSA-9's (6 complete sets in 9 or better). If you get any 10's let me know.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    KING KELLOGGKING KELLOGG Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    interchanges...

If they're the grade you say they are...I say....Go for it!!!

There are quite a few guys that collect that set...

Good luck!!!

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    They're not that plentiful in PSA 9 (or any grade). In fact, other than a PGS graded set recently, there haven't been any Rold Gold cards on eBay in a couple of weeks. [This set is one of my favorite searches.]

They generally sell for a little more than the '72 Kellogg's All-Time Greats do (although they are significantly scarcer). Unsurprisingly, Ruth, Cobb, and Gehrig are the big ones for card prices, with 9s of everyone else generally being between $10 and $20. 8s go for under $10, and below 8 is a waste.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>solid NM/NMM. >>

Whoa, not in that condition.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Scottie-
    If you get them in 9's or better you'll be fine, anything lower send them to Jay for his card shipping experiment!
    And if they are '70 RG's and you get Speaker in a 9 call me.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Except for 1971's any K under PSA 9 is not currently worth the grading fee. The ATG set might be marginal for Ruth and Lou in PSA 8 but it's dicey. I wouldn't submit unless I was looking at drop dead 9's with PSA 10 potential.