Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

Just got a negative feedback from a NPB, eBay needs to do something about this...

It has gotten to where once you file a NPB warning you get hit with a negative from a low feedback buyer who never intended to pay. This loser has a 10 feedback rating and just left negatives for me and another seller that are in the hundreds. We can both file for our fees back but I still get a negative from this bum. The syetem dosn't work. You can either get ripped for your fees, or file a NPB warning and get your feedback ripped.

Comments

• I know it isn't fair image.... You can do a follow up response saying why he did it and that it was just retaliation and that he's done it to others. I don't think anyone will hold that against you. I see it more and more lately. Ebay needs to do something about it!!!
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • I've got over 6500 positive feedbacks and a total of 9 negative feedbacks and all of the negatives were retaliations.
    Refs: Chayne2, Nash, KG, Jorge, Patsfan925, MCDee2, Autographs, TopofOhio, Ahares, Batman34, Whitetornado, Clearandvalid, Runningman22, TrFstptch, glickman77, Brees9, Woodson24kg, vittleboy, Dpeters28 and more.

Ebay feedback: 4100+
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    Why people do this crap is beyond me. Ebay does need to have something that resolves this. There should be a way to set up something where if I file a NPB, they cannot leave any feedback until the issue is resolved and if I file a final value request, they cannot leave any feedback for me at all & automatically either get a negative or booted.
  • AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    How bout if a NPB on an item allows NO feedback for either side. Maybe the "line item" in your (for both seller and buyer) feedback section can just say NPB.

There has to be a system that swings in the middle for both seller and buyer. Since I have not had to file for one, (yet) I do not know the process fully.

Just thinking out loud.
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    I've filed quite a few and it has not resulted in a negative yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. The problem ebay should realize is that for every negative a seller gets, this may result in less bidders on their items which in turn means ebay loses money. They also lose money (and time) when a buyer doesn't pay and the seller has to file a NPB and a final value credit. I don't think there should be any leeway here from ebay. They claim it's a contract, but then don't force the hand of the buyers in these matters. They should freeze the buyers account completely until they can either give a rightful explaination for their actions such as they were unable to pay because they were in the hospital or something. At that time, ebay can decide whether to reinstate their account or not. People who win an auction and then just decide not to pay should have no right to continue these actions on ebay.
  • I just had some loser that bought several SLU from me for a buck and never paid. He actually emailed me yesterday 37 days after the auction ended with some lame excuse. It sucked because I couldn't leave him neg without him retaliating most likely, and I don't have a ton of feedback right now, so I didn't want him to hurt my account. I agree that they need to come up with a better solution to the feedback system.

Jason's Ebay Auctions. End today at 8:30 p.m. central
  • You can hire Square Trade as a middle man. They can and will get you negitive removed. It cost you $20.00 and on your Ebay ID it says "mutally withdrawn" ya right.. I also say Ebay needs to do something about this.. Just my 2 cents

Chad
  • AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭

<< <i>I just had some loser that bought several SLU from me for a buck and never paid. He actually emailed me yesterday 37 days after the auction ended with some lame excuse. It sucked because I couldn't leave him neg without him retaliating most likely, and I don't have a ton of feedback right now, so I didn't want him to hurt my account. I agree that they need to come up with a better solution to the feedback system.

Jason's Ebay Auctions. End today at 8:30 p.m. central >>

err What SLUs and what was the final price.....are they still for sale?
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I got an email from one guy titled "Ill Pay ! Ill Pay" and he had 1300 Positives and only 2 Negs.
    Seems people just get lazy and don't want to pay me or something.

• << <i>

<< <i>I just had some loser that bought several SLU from me for a buck and never paid. He actually emailed me yesterday 37 days after the auction ended with some lame excuse. It sucked because I couldn't leave him neg without him retaliating most likely, and I don't have a ton of feedback right now, so I didn't want him to hurt my account. I agree that they need to come up with a better solution to the feedback system.

Jason's Ebay Auctions. End today at 8:30 p.m. central >>

err What SLUs and what was the final price.....are they still for sale? >>

They were a couple from the 1996 olympic timeless legends series. The final price was $1 for each.
    The dude contacted me and said he was going to pay yesterday, so they aren't for sale anymore, but I doubt you would want them anyway they are pretty much worthless.