Home U.S. Coin Forum

Favorite Buff

Comments

• JohnZJohnZ Posts: 1,732

What was you at?

We ARE watching you.

• DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool Paul. What date's the Indian?

BTW - When I first read it, I thought it was a toning reference. LOL
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

• Shylock, great to see your post. Made my day. I know why you like that Buffalo. image
  • njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    My guess is that this is a 1901 Indian cent, encased for the Panama-American expo in Buffalo, NY in 1901.

Just a guess.

njcoincrank
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul good to see your post! Very cool Buff! I would love to see the flip side.image
  • shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    It's great to hear from some old friends here, missed you guys. NJCoincrank got it right, I thought it was very unusual to find a full red (and original) IH in one of these. If it was gradable it's about 63RD, knocked down a couple notches due to the spots.

• tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Shylock! It is good to see your post. I've seen those before, typically with a 20th century coin in it. Hard to believe they are still somewhat red. It looks original from the picture.

Tom
    Tom

• cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    Good to see you posting again Paulimage

Oh Yeah COOL IHimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • That is something I've never seen! Neat. Thanks for posting it! Naturally you like that buffalo because it has an IHC in the center. Personally I like Buffalos all by themselves image
    <<<<
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be darned.....never saw one of those before---very coolimageimage Sure looks original tone.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file