Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2004 jeff nickels

hi
I have the 2004 jefferson nickels still in the mint roll, I would like to take one of each mint and have them graded. I would like to know if it is worhtnit to do this or would I be wasting money having them graded.

Carl

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    heck, if you want two examples in a slab, its worth it...

especially if you can find some nice hit free GEMs in those rolls..

good luck!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely,

Find the best from each roll as Lucy said and send them in.

Rookie Joe
    I have a pair of rolls also and will be doing the same.
  • Options
    Unless you've got a couple perfect coins go with Air-Tites and save yourself the heartache and expense.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Carl

if you are serious about having one of each MM holdered and want a nice example of MS66 or better, you'll probably have to search more than one roll. picking the best out of the rolls you have may only yield a coin grading MS63-64 which is probably not worth the expense. the rolls i've searched are quite marked up and i think it will prove to be a tough issue in MS67.

al h.image
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. I just thought since they were in rolls from the mint they might be in good condition
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I would wait and buy some of other peoples rejects on Ebay. MS65's although not common in rolls should be common in the holder. With "P" mints MS66 is going to be tough much less MS67.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Today I finished my 4th 1000 coin bag of P's. That's 4000 nickels and only 2 are being submitted. Of 4000 D's 8 are being submitted. I hope you found a "wonder" roll but chances are you are wasting your $$. Just my experience......M.
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    keets and clackamas have it right, if you want 1 of each for your collection it is usually always better to buy it already slabbed.
    I personally like to find my own and submit them but as they mentioned it may take many rolls to find a gem coin.
    Rookie Joe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file