Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Had a pleasant experience at a coin shop today.

I was looking for a new shop to visit today in Winston-Salem NC. I Found "Carolina Coin" after a few calls (had seen them on ebay before). The shop was a scattered mess! Coins everywhere. I asked the owner if he had any World coins. He said "not much" and I was handed a metal 2x2 tray half full of regular circ. junk. Found nothing at all. image However, I had brought with me a box full of US Modern commems, nothing great just stuff i'd been to lazy to ebay. I asked if he was interested in buying the lot. He actually pulled out a Grey Sheet and started totaling up my coins. He paid full buy price for all of it!! image I would have been happy with alot less, but this dealer gave me a fair shake. image
Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders

Comments

• CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Wow, he must have really needed it or has a really good market for it. Although, on decent run of the mill U.S. stuff, you can usually do better selling to a fair dealer in person than you'll do on eBay (in this kind of a market at least).
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Please mark this event down on your calendar...image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Always glad to hear of a good experience at a coin shop or show.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3
  • mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Did you deal with Mr Gaskill? He's a good guy. His father is a member of my coin club, and we have Carolina Coin at our show each year.
    Joe
  • imageimage
    JoeCool

• << <i>Did you deal with Mr Gaskill? He's a good guy. His father is a member of my coin club, and we have Carolina Coin at our show each year. >>

Yep, think his name was Albert?? An old salt, said he is coming to your show and providing some gold for the giveaway!! image Nice fellow, messy shop. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    messy shops can be an adventure...image

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• mongoosemongoose Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Yes, that's him. image He "donates" the gold coins, and we "donate" bourse space. His Dad is quite a character . Still drives himself around, and plays tennis competitively. He's a retired UNC professor.
    A true ladies man!

Joe
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, that's him.image He "donates" the gold coins, and we "donate" bourse space. His Dad is quite a character . Still drives himself around, and plays tennis competitively. He's a retired UNC professor.
    A true ladies man! >>

Sounds like a role model for me. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3