Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Donruss to release card set with baseball fans' autographs

Donruss Cards

Gammons with a Red Sox flag - surprise, surprise.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I saw that. I'd love to have a Gandolfini, but what's Meadow doing on there? Baseball isn't something that comes to mind when I think of her. A Sopranos card set (and action figures and videogame, etc.) would be awesome. The others, well, whatever. The Gandolfini will be huge, though.

BTW, your link requires the visitor to login or sign up. Beckett has the news, too.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    i bet the Freddie Adu auto and "rookie" will be huge as well
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Based on the popularity of the inaugural release last year, Topps will again release an All-Time Fan Favorites Baseball set this year with plenty of new autographs – including signed cards of longtime Topps legend Sy Berger.

Berger – profiled in the December 2000 issue of Beckett Baseball Collector – was the driving force behind the development and production of Topps baseball cards. He helped produce the famous 1952 Topps set and has been an influential part of Topps’ history ever since.

Berger will also have a regular card in the set.

Topps has also included a few other non-playing signers for the set, including former MLB commissioners Peter Ueberroth and Fay Vincent, Hall of Fame broadcaster Ernie Harwell, FOX broadcaster Joe Buck and longtime Yankee Stadium public address announcer Bob Sheppard.

Billy Beane, a former player with the Mets and Twins, will also sign cards. He’s better known these days as the General Manager of the Oakland A’s and a subject of the best-selling book Moneyball.

Among the ballplayers committed to signing for the set are Cal Ripken Jr., Bob Gibson, Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Frank Robinson, Don Zimmer, George Brett, Stan Musial, Reggie Jackson, Mike Schmidt, Lou Brock and other Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers.

Topps will insert two of the Fan Favorites Autographs per box. The product is set for an early June release.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.