Home U.S. Coin Forum

Can anyone help Grade this IKE?

I don't know anything about grading U Ikes. My guess on this one shown below would be MS66 but I am not good at grading uncirculated coins. The pictures don't show it but it does have beautiful luster. I bought over 20 1972-S Blue Ikes awhile back and this is one of the nicest. The others are nice too but some do have a bit of haze. Can anyone help? Sorry for the pictures. I am still learning how to take pictures.

Thanks,

Robert

Comments

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bah -- beat me to it. The photos have a strange yellow-orange tint. Also, did you have the camera on the super-macro setting, or just macro?

Edit: deleted images.
    Realtime National Debt Clock:

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Looks like a far size dink on cheek, maybe MS64 is luster present.
    PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    The silver 72's come nice, and that one looks like a 66 to me as well. Unfortunately, it's probably more practical to purchase one already holdered than to submit it, unless it has some sentimental value. The MS67 coins frequently trade in the $20-$25 range. I sure like the design in silver though. It's what the coin was intended to look like.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file