Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

37 sets deleted from the registry today!

This morning it was 10,050, now 10,023. Is this a new trend? Just over 10,000 the peak? Well, probably not, just thought it was interesting.

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Probably a dead wood deletion by BJ. She tries to keep the registry clear of sets that are less than 10% complete and have not been updated in at least a year.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a bunch of bullion sets that should be deleted along with their owner.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭

<< <i>There are a bunch of bullion sets that should be deleted along with their owner. >>

I can always count on checking the forum for a good laugh before going to bed each night.

Tonight is no exception. imageimage

Dan
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I deleted 2 sets.... I am selling most of my modern proofs.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
    Jaime,

It is not quite that bad. Check your math. image

WH
  • Options
    The real count is around 1,500. If we all registered 1 cert per Registry with the exception of a (1) series like the 1965-66-67 SMS set which I have done combining all my Great grades, I believe my number would be closer to 1,500 not 10.000. I feel that a true Registry should be 1 cert per Registry so the next time I purchase a registry coin it won't take 10 days for the Registry owner to try to figure out how many sets the 1 cert has been added to.
    Just a thought for a TRUE Registry. Give us little guys a chance to pick our battles!!!!!! We all need to give the YN,s a chance to compete.
    Any thoughts?????????
    Mike
    M.E.Stewart Collection
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Thanks Wayne! I'm not that good at math image.

I'm not sure what you mean Mike, do you mean you think it'd be better if you could only enter 1 coin into 1 set, not multiple sets? In my opinion it'd make it a little silly to have to buy 2 of the same coin if you wanted to put together 2 overlapping sets, say a type set and also some series.

Edited to say: Giving the YN's a chance to compete is a great idea! Maybe have a YN only registry, where to become a member you have to somehow "prove" you're a YN and not a parent putting together a set for you (ahem cough cough Lauren's Lincolns cough).
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea>>Maybe have a YN only registry.
    Al
  • Options
    Edited to say: Giving the YN's a chance to compete is a great idea! Maybe have a YN only registry, where to become a member you have to somehow "prove" you're a YN and not a parent putting together a set for you (ahem cough cough Lauren's Lincolns cough).
    I am working with my Dad every day to gain better knowledge of this industry. Dads help keeps me in the game.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Mike
  • Options
    I have 4 completed sets. They are great for getting free grading certificates. Am I the only one that uses these free grading certs for getting sets to 90% completion? You should look into it.
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192

<< <i>I am working with my Dad every day to gain better knowledge of this industry. Dads help keeps me in the game. >>

That's great! That's what Dads should do. Just from a registry rankings standpoint it isn't fair to compare YN's who work afterschool to make a little money to
    spend on coins (I had a paperroute for 8 yrs, put together a pretty decent collection!), with YN's whos parents buy them a 67rd 10-s Lincoln Cent for $36,000.