Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

yish0202 new ebay'er today bidding wildly

Check out the bidding history on yish0202
He joined ebay today, March 29, and is bidding thousands of dollars on premium cards from one seller. So far, he has bid on twelve cards. He is driving the price up on a card that I am trying to win.

Something doesn't seem right here.....check it out and let me know what you think. Does anyone know who this might be?
Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
set registry id Don Johnson Collection
ebay id truecollector14

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lol i can't i need a auction number his name only yields his history...which is none lol sounds like a kid in a candy store for the first time...
    Good for you.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He just won a PSA 8 1969 Topps Reggie Jackson for $735, when the last two on ebay over the last couple of weeks went for $390 and $467. There's also another one that was just listed tonight with a $600 bin. Some of 'em just really make ya wonder image

Steve
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I'd laugh, but I better not do it too loudly, since I did the same thing when I first got on the 'bay. I dropped somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 grand on some real blue chip stuff, like '83 Boggs PSA 9 OC's, '87 Maddux PSA 9's, and tucked them away, figuring my retirement was safe image

It's all gone now, of course, and I was thrilled to recoup about 40% of what I spent. It's great being the seller when these guys pop up, but you've got to feel for them.
  • Options
    knowledge is power...Francis Beacon 1816
  • Options
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dropped somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 grand on some real blue chip stuff, like '83 Boggs PSA 9 OC's, ' >>

I just happen to have received an '83 Boggs 9OC from my club submission...........interested in reliving the glory days Boopotts? image

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Maybe he/she took out a business loan for their new card store and are currently buying the cards.
    everywhere you go
    there you are

marc in Hawaii
  • Options
    something is yishy............image
    Good for you.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Never know...maybe yish has the gish.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    He (or she) seems to be paying for the items bid on, and so far, the feedback has come from Legacy Sports Rarities, which from what I can tell is a legit operation.

Looks like someone's student loan check arrived!
  • Options
    Probably won big $$$ in the lottery

RIP Snow
  • Options
    Legacy sports rarities is very legit. It was founded by Greg Bousineau, formerly of PSA I think. He either was in PSA or owned a business that CU purchased. He has bought and sold many of the top prizes in our hobby. I have watched auctions that he has run many times and marveled at the stuff he comes up with....
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Don't you find it strange that every card he has bid on is from the same seller?TextText
    I don't mean to infer any wrong doing, but......
    We are always better off than we deserve. image
  • Options
    Not really because he just became a member yesterday........id say yes had he been a member for a longer period of time and that was the case. then again nothing would surprise me....
    Good for you.
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Legacy is a top notch seller of PSA graded cards and I have purchased from them before.

When I started the thread on Monday, we were still in the process of bidding. I looked at yish0202's history, saw he signed up that day, and what and how much he was bidding and thought this looked odd. If he is paying and is legit, then that is cool. That day, I just thought it all looked very unusual.

It sure does make you wonder if he won the lottery, robbed a bank or something? image
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14