Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

What does the PCGS Registry mean to me?

What does my Platinum Registry mean to me?

To me? not much, to my 15 year old son, it's his little world, coming from a life of torment and abuse, (former x wife) this set is his life.

When I got my kid back from that "witch" in late 2000, I asked him what are your hobbies, he said oh?

I like coins, tropical fish and baseball cards, just like you dad.

So ...... one day, I said heck I'll give him my 1909 S-VDB now in a PCGS MS-66 Red holder, and say to him, this was my first coin, now it's your first coin.

My mom was in tears back in 1975 when she had to reach deep down inside her bra and pull out $200 bucks to pay for that coin, but what it penny it was and still is.

So,For my son's birthday in 2002 I started playing around on eBay, buying and selling coins to better off our collection, one day he picks up a platinum 1998 1/10th coin and says, dad, cool dime

why dont you see these around?

I'm like son this is a platinum 1998 10th ounce ( I paid $550) on ebay to complete my first 10th ounce platinum set.

I ask him would you like have this set we can build the complete run, not knowing what we already had, I noticed we had a contending #1 set in 2002, I told my son we'll be #1 in all denomiantions x15 by your 15th birthday without fail.

He smiled and said let's go for it, never in my wildest imagination I expected to be a full time coin dealer and a full time tropical fish dealer in 2001.

But, hey things happen for a reason, now every time someone asks about platinum coinage they alway come to me, or my name is always associated with platinum coins no matter who it is.

2 years later, we have the single largest Platinum collection on the face of the planet, 16 PCGS awards for platinum, not to mention turned this hobby, into a multimillion dollar a year business.

After 634 days as being number 1 in the registry with my platinum, this day will probably be my last day at #1 unless someone finds the heart not to buy or bid, that 2001 $100 Proof 70 that's on eBay, we all know who that other person is, without my help and aggressiveness his Proof gold and Proof Silver sets wouldnt even exist, thanks to me I've added quite a few new collectors in the modern market, and possibly saving the Platinum Statue of Liberty coins from being canned by the US mint.

No matter what I've done for my kid , and the modern market, I fell like I've fallen short, but hey I can always be able to say I was PCGS's best set 2003, it's time for others to enjoy what my son and I have enjoyed for the last 2 years.

Anyone need Platinum? = )

Thanks everyone it's been fun!

See ya in Vegas!

Leo

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Without question, the most creative SPAM ever to appear on this forum. Kudos!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Russ you're an a$$hole, all you do is post negativity around here on everyone.

Stop hating on me,my kid, my family and everyone that does business with me. and get a life buddy all you do is sit here and post 1000's of times a month and always resort to hating me.

Come on buddy 19,000 posts in 11 months ? image That's 1728 posts a month each month for 11 months.

You have way too much time, and need to redirect your negative b/s that's exactly what it is b's somewhere else.

Get a job find a hobby, go outside and smell the flowers, but please do not insult my kid or my family.

I hope never to bump into you at any PCGS event.

But then again, you'll be here posting crap, and chances you wont attend.

That's my 2 cents (american)
  • Options
    MrPlatinum: I wouldn't take what Russ is saying as BS... he meant it as a joke... guess you gotta get used to his dry sense of humor. Anyways... you can always ignore him image That's an awesome story MrP, enjoyed reading it. I'd like to wish you and your son the best of luck in whatever you do next! image
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭

<< <i>now every time someone asks about platinum coinage they alway come to me, or my name is always associated with platinum coins no matter who it is. >>

That's strange. I put my platinum sets together while avoiding you completely.
  • Options

<< <i>Russ you're an a$$hole, all you do is post negativity around here on everyone. >>

Damn, can't even pay a guy a compliment around here. BTW, is this your third or fourth forum handle? I'm having a hard time keeping track of them.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    third
  • Options
    Oh check your cert numbers, chances are I made the coin.

Ask anyone at PCGS how many 1998 $10's in MS-69 I've made, I made over 72% of that population meaning if you put a set together there's a big chance of you having at least one coin that I made in your collection.

Hurry get the hammer out bust it out, Leo made it. imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    3rd I keep forgetting the password of the other 2, maybe I should change it to Russ so I can remember it.

Also, maybe I should post 57 times a day for the next year so I too can have 19,000 posts.

Come on guys I dont have time for this crap, in the last 2 years I might have posted 50 times, make it 51 with this one.

For those about to rock! we salute you!
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485

<< <i>....all you do is sit here and post 1000's of times a month and always resort to hating me. >>

MrPlatinum - you only have four posts as of the time I am writing this (whoops, it just went to six, so I'd better hurry!). Either you exaggerate greatly or you have posted under other names previously.
  • Options
    I had 2 other names which I forget their passwords, since I do not come here often, I do not remember them.

OK back to Russ and Sean,

I'd like to see you do what I did last year 16 Top Platinum sets and all 8 gold, PCGS did not name my sets Best Set of 2003 for no reason I earned that with hard work.

Let's put it this way Russ, anything you can do I can do much better, maybe I should show you my type coin set from 1950-2004 I have enough 70's to make everyone here sick.

Maybe I should sit and build more sets, but then again why should I?

It'll just be more egg in your faces. image
  • Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm just so impressed I'm beside myself.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Come on Russ only 15 more posts til 19,000, maybe I can help you get there by 5pm PST.

You were and always be a butthole in my book! image
  • Options
    Oh, and before I forget. The next time you have your shill bidder send me one of those nasty "I've bought from you before, but never will again" eMails, you might want to know that I keep records of every sale I've ever made. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>I have enough 70's to make everyone here sick. >>

-You're right, I do feel a bit nauseated.
  • Options
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    I don't know... but I'm feeling a little nauseus from all the gas being spewed in this thread...
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Rama a Lam, Rama A LAMA Ding Dong........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Lucy ur so cool!

Ya come'n to vegas?
  • Options
    Hey keep on hatin' I love it when people hate!image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lucy ur so cool!

Ya come'n to vegas?
    >>

Vegas is my backyard!!!! I spent alot of time here, I have family in Vegas!!!

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Ur something else hahaha!

There's going to be a Viper meet the 10th you should come out to the track, there should be over 100 vipers and maybe a cobra or 2 = )
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165

<< <i>Your platinum is not making me sick but your pride sure is. >>

You got a lot of room to talk!image
  • Options
    "You got a lot of room to talk!" image

For someone who talks about not opening a can of worms, you're sure walkin' around with a big opener! image

Your insinuations about me and others here, are just diggin' your hole deeper! image

I have nothin' to hide from, so if you think you got a full "can" go ahead and "open" it! image

The "soapbox" is all your's ol' boy, but as you stated before, "I think it best we move on and drop the entire issue before someone
    says something they'll really regret!"
    There's no skeletons in my closet that worry me! image
    You want to "hit back HARD!"?!? "Hit me with your best shot"! image

By the way, Scott's coins are on their way! image
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options

<< <i>By the way, Scott's coins are on their way! >>

imageimageI'm afraid you lost me there...who is Scott and what does Scott's coins have to do with me?
  • Options
    Don't you love haters!

Keep hate'n as I keep laughing all the way to the bank, like I said 2 years ago, the more you hate the more I make.

Keep it come'n my kid needs a good Harvard education. image
  • Options
    "I'm afraid you lost me there..."

Not hard to do! image

"who is Scott and what does Scott's coins have to do with me?"

Perhaps I assumed wrong, but it seems very strange that after your '32-D fiasco you stopped trying to score any more coins from me and Scott (with your last name and 15 miles up the road from you) wins two nice ones! image

I did get an e-mail from Scott, and it was very cordial and intelligently written, so maybe there is no relationship! image
    My apologies to Scott! image

If that's your best shot, you better think twice about opening any more "cans of worms"! image
    edit to add: Out of my normal concern for any human being, I would recommend you listen to the Doc and seek professional help.image

"Hey keep on hatin' I love it when people hate!"

"mr" platinum:
    Your posts affirm the adage that people's autos reflect their personality. A venom-spewin' p.o.s. fits your's perfectly! image
    Do the women actually think that all that hp makes up for lack of size?!? image
    I wouldn't even call you "late for dinner"! image

FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    Wow, we sure are touchy manofcoins. I was just poking fun at someone I considered a friend. I'm not

angry with you at all. I DID thank you. That's why you do things-for a thank you.? I offered

to send you a set of golf clubs just for your trouble-YOU said you expected nothing and now this

public show? I don't know what Christianity you follow but you don't do good deeds for a "Thank you."

I'm not angry at Don either-in fact I'm not angry with anyone...if I were, you know what you've done-

EVERYONE would know about it. This is all I've had to say right here(Nothing) as I'm not that low.

Same for you Don-I haven't taken any swipes at you but you feel as though you

are free to take swipes at me...thus the saying "Careful..I hit back hard."

All 3 of us know what I'm talking about yet out of respect for both of you I've said NOTHING

while both of you carry on like a couple of wet hens. Come back and read this as I'm doing now and

it will be obvious that you are going off on me to divert attention from yourselves. You're all show-

TWO-FACED. So you have the #1 set- CONGRATULATIONS- I have higher goals!

Your whole personna has changed since you hit #1 and you have the nerve to talk about

threats after the PM you sent threatening me? If you're so Christian, what have you done that is so

shameful that if I tell or mention your Name that YOU threaten ME with defamation? You only

defame someone when you speak untruths. Is this why you are putting on this show-to cast

light on me when you are guilty of things you don't want people to know? Gee, I wonder what

everyone would think about manofcoins if they knew what I know ?

You say you pray for me to make yourself look good in public and then talk about burning bridges?

What sort of friend is that? Your guilt is eating at you and you're lashing out at me! GUILT.

Just shut up -look in the mirror and when you pray tonite-pray for forgiveness.

Let it go fellas... Play nice as you both know, especially you Craig, exactly what I'm

talking about. Let it end right here-right now! NO MORE-OK!? LET IT GO! Instead of worrying

about the splinter in my eye worry about the beam in yours. A Christian practices

FORGIVENESS..not threats sent by PM or putting on a show for the public, let alone

burning bridges! "Forgive us as we forgive!"

I've done you NOTHING! Nor have I done Don any injustice. Like I said-NO MORE!
  • Options
    Venom is in my blood! what's in your blood?! image
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Garcia:

PLONK!!!

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Plonk? Bonk!
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Man...how did I miss this thread the first time aroundimage
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone please explain what this thread has to do with the PCGS set registry ?

Stewart
  • Options
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage