Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This guy sure is happy that BGS grades trimmed cards, no more use for PRO

Looks like this ebay seller t2inc used to religiously grade his trimmed stuff with PRO, but now that it's common knowledge that BGS has the 1/32nd of an inch rule for all to enjoy, he stepped up to having his trimmed stuff graded by BGS. Do you think he just has his feedback private since his stuff is trimmed and he doesn't want former buyers exposing him. This is an interesting one in my book.

BGS and PRO auctions
Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Im no trained eye and have a question, just looking at his 61 Topps Mantle card. (and this may or may not be trimmed) I can see the card "fits" well into the "boarders/ridges" inside the encapulation. Are the plastic "cases" (for every grading service) a specific size? And if so what is that size? They should have "X" amount in various sizes and a few for "oddball" sizes. Is that what PSA does? That way people can get a better "look" for possible trimmed cards. Maybe even put "ruler" markings "etched" onto the back. Just an idea/thinking out loud thing.
  • Options
    this is one of the first sellers i came across when i joined ebay. i asked why he had private feedback and he gave me some song and dance about "Well a friend said i could have private feedback, so i did it." i followed up w/"well, i don't see why someone w/high FB would make it private" and got a line of evasive answers. i wonder if that same "friend" is someone who shills his auctions, leaves FB on the ones he "wins", and then t2inc relists them/sells them to "true" buyers. if you follow t2inc's auctions you'll see he often lists the SAME items week in and week out...just how do you find that much vintage? the only reason to keep your FB private is if you're using shill bidders/"friends" and/or are creating fake IDs, bidding up your auctions, then leaving FB
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Dont get me wrong Im not saying he isnt a questionable person. Im more or less asking a general question about spotting "trimmed" cards.
  • Options
    i do not own any thing other than psa, so i cannot say about other companies. i have had cards that 'looked short' or had play in psa holders. i am not saying that these were trimmed and slipped through, but i will say that you can tell the difference in size of a card in a psa holder. if you have alot of cards holdered from a particular set, you can see if one has more play than another. 87 donruss comes to mind as i have had cards slabbed from sets and from packs, and the set cards were always shorter in size. these are just my own observations, however.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    From what I have been reading about BGS on these boards, the company might as well be PRO. Being this is a PSA board, maybe there just is a super bias against BGS. I am no fan of BGS, but I would like some objectivity, whether good or bad. With all these rumors about BGS, I am surprised the cards are still selling for higher than PSA ones.

Grading sheet cut cards is not really the same thing as grading trimming cards, since one is a practical matter while the other is criminal. However, if sheet cut cards are graded, then that should be identified in the label, but I see that it is not.

That Prior card incident really turned me off from BGS graded stuff, not because they make mistakes, but because they don't make good on it.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee