Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

box of raw 68s, 69s, misc

Hello all,

Ventured up to my attic and found a box of mostly 60s cards this weekend. They have long ago been picked through, but have many commons (OK...the Ron Santos are there, but the Mantles, Aarons, Robinsons are all long gone) are left.

A couple of hundred 68s, 150 or so 69s, couple 70s, 150 or so 1980s (not sure where these came from), several Topps All star coins (not in the best of shape), 2 Topps supers (Yaz and Brooks Robby neither in the best of shape), a couple of team rub offs or transfers (these were packaged with the cards one year) a decnt 65s (D Griffith and C Pascual).

If anyone has anything specific they'd like me to look for, I'm willing for a little. I'm mostly an SGC man (because I'm strictly tobacco vintage for the most part), but I'd say most of these would grade in the PSA 7 or so range. Not gonna spend my life looking through these...and if I get overwhelmed, I may give up too ...but willing to try helping someone as long as my patience holds out.

I'm always looking to trade if someone has an offer they wanna make me. I'm into tobacco cards (N2 N28, N29, N162, N184, T3, T9, T200, T222, albums, premiums, odd ball stuff....baseball and non baseball....etc etc). Also started a pre war baseball and boxing type set if someone has anything available they wanna talk about.

Thanks for everyones time, Keith
Collecting - n2, n13, n28, n29, n43, n162, n184, t3, t6, t9, t200, tobacco albums, tobacco advertising cards, tobacco banners (that picture the 19th century card sets).

Comments

• Options
    Keith,

I am looking for the following 1969's to complete a set:

2, 4, 8, 49, 87, 99, 107, 169, 221, 237, 288, 290, 292, 347, 349, 385, 398, 402, 485, 539, 624, 631, 640.

If you could check for these numbers I would appreciate it. Also, if it's easier to check by name, let me know and I'll prepare a list that way.

Thank you,

Michael
  • Options
    Keith,

Welcome to the boards.
    If any of them might garner a PSA 8 grade, I'd go to the pop report and find out which ones are the toughest to find in high grade and try to look for those 4-5 cards in the lot. It might be worth your time. Low pop commons can bring in $100+ in PSA 8 or better condition.

Otherwise, I think it's great of you to offer to search for cards on people's want list!
  • Options
    Thanks onegoucho,

Not sure if I can get at the population report since I'm not a member, but I psend enough time looking for cards I collect let alone what others do image. Just trying to help out some fellow colelctors without screwing myself in the meantime.

I'm sure some will grade 8 or higher, I'm willing to provide scans for the people willing to pay for my time.

Michael, found 3 of what you need, sent an email...it will be first come, first serve or until patience runs out.

Thanks all, Keith
    Collecting - n2, n13, n28, n29, n43, n162, n184, t3, t6, t9, t200, tobacco albums, tobacco advertising cards, tobacco banners (that picture the 19th century card sets).
  • Options
    OK all,

Heres one you might like. I'm in helpful and charitable mood.

Tell me what you're interested in that I might have...and if I have a decent example, I'll send the card(s) to you priority mail.

If you're happy....send me what you think would be a fair price along with the 3.95 priority mail charge I incur, if not...just send the card(s) back to me along with 3.95.

OLeary@Co.Lancaster.PA.US

Keith