Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2004 Topps Heritage Black Refractor Rickie Weeks #'ed 10/55

To be honest, I hadn't purchased a box of cards in at least 10 years. However, all this talk about
2004 Topps Heritage on the board convinced me to go to the local Target and purchase a few
boxes. There were three boxes. I purchased all three and pulled a 2004 Topps Rickie Weeks Black
Refractor numbered 10/55. Should I get this card graded? Should I just simply throw it on ebay?
I got it imagine it is worth something. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/s/ Jack

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Nice pull!!
    graded i dont know. but it could maybe pay for all 3 boxes you bought. plus you should have 10-15 sp's per box which should pull you 2$ a peice on ebay. so you could grab 100$ profit off your buy!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris
    Tell me if I am wrong right now but sales tonite on ebay for 04 Heritage seem a bit sluggish? What do ya think. I saw a lot of stuff with a few min left that were at .99 min bid.
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Mike
    i didnt look. but that is the wonderful world of ebay!! hot one day cold a week later. heritage was on fire!!!! might have cooled now. now might be the time to by the set for lets say 250$-300!! when it was selling for 450-600$! hold for a year break your sp's and 5-8$ a card.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Kuhlman-

You could of bought my set tonight..it sold for $270.00.

The price of this set will go down over the next 2 years.....for example a 2002 Topps Heritage Set sold for $160ish several days ago.

John
  • Options
    I've been trying to decide what to do with mine, if they're worth trying to move, or what. I guess I've been lucky. I have 3 black refractors: Cliff Floyd, Anthony Acevedo, and Ichiro. Unfortunately, what I don't have is a scanner, and scanner-pic auctions seem to do better than digital camera-pic auctions.

I'm sure my wife would love if I could get back some of the $$ we've spent on these and her bazookas over the last few weeks. image

Just Morrie
    Collector of Cards
  • Options

<< <i> Unfortunately, what I don't have is a scanner, and scanner-pic auctions seem to do better than digital camera-pic auctions.
    >>

You should be able to pick up a cheap scanner for probably 50-60 dollars, and they will do a good job for scanning cards. You will probably make back more money than you spent in just a couple auctions.

-------------------------

My Ebay Auctions

Looking for any Ron Santo card, and just started my 1973 topps baseball set, so any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I purchased all three and pulled a 2004 Topps Rickie Weeks Black >>

Jack
    Although I did not see a Weeks chrome recently sell, I hope this provides a feel for recent black chrome sales:
    Piazza - 57$
    Arod - 78$
    Sheffield - 32$
    Wood - 41$
    Myers - 67$
    Kearns - 23$
    Mike
    Mike
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all for the informative and beneficial responses. I do not post often
    here, but when I do, I always seem to get timely and informative responses.
    Thanks for all the information and help.

/s/ Jack