Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cancelling ZERO feedback bidders...

First of all, I used to ship cards (with strong feedback) before I got payments. Then a check bounced and I got spooked. Next I let anyone bid whenever they wanted figuring "We all to start somewhere, dude". Recently the string of late-pays and deadbeats is getting tiresome. One loser after another--makes you almost forget how many great buying/selling experiences you have sometimes. Anyway, I cancelled a ZERO feedback bidder tonight from a vending box I was running and it--for a spell--cost me some percieved money.
Question: Don't you guys get a little curious when a ZERO feedback bidder is high with a 250 dollar bid that the item is being shilled? Anyway, I thought buyers might be thrown off and I wasn't confident I would get paid so I whacked him. That's the first time for me and I feel like a jerk. I guess I'll have to put ZERO feedbackers must email prior to bidding from now on...see how a couple of deadbeats can poison the waters...food for thought.

dgf

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    i agree i think that at times especially when they end up winning with a snipe bid............
    Good for you.
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I put that disclaimer in my auctions for feedback of less than 10. I have whacked a few (who never complained) and I have had a few legitimate low feedback bidders e-mail me first before bidding per my terms and conditions.
  • Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    When I sell cars on E-Bay, I state that all 0 feedback bidders will be contacted for identity confirmation. This creates a little more work, but worth it. I send an e-mail asking the 0 bidder for his name & address, if they are willing to give you this info, then they are a good bet to pay. When they do not respond, WHACK, they are gone. This has cost me hundreds of dollars in the past, but worth saving the hassle of chasing a deadbeat.

RobBob
    Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I don't care if a bidder has zero feedback. I just made a nice sale last week on a zero feedback bidder and it's all been paid and done with. A lot of times they don't win anyway. Also, sometimes it's an old buyer that started a second account for any number of reasons. I would only recommend that you make sure his payment clears before sending him anything.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I guess I've been lucky. I can think of only one low-feedback winner who reneged on me. Also, at least a couple of low-feedback winners have turned out to be players' relatives, and I always get a charge out of that.

Of course, I'm dealing with cards, not cars, so for me the hassle factor for deadbeats is relatively low.

Mike
  • Options
    I have a payton rookie on ebay right now, and the high bidder is a 0 feedback. I am going to give him a chance, because I myself am relatively new to the game and think everyone deserves a chance, but I do see where you are coming from. Knowing my luck, I will probably get screwed on this deal.

-------------------------
    Looking for any Ron Santo card, and just started my 1973 topps baseball set, so any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    Hi Dgf,

In the last three weeks I have been stiffed by two Ebayers with lots of positive feedbacks, one of them buys so much stuff he loses track of 20% of his auctions and is being negged profusly for it. The other is a Set Registry member who has already logged the card in his set, yet is three weeks past due on payment and has not responded to emails. Oh ya, he came on the boards last week asking about the best way to sell his set, which I thought was kind of cute. So its not always zero feedback individuals who are the problem.

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId : sjeanblanc

---------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards (68-94)
  • Options
    I don't mind zero feedbackers, usually they pay right away and want to get good feedback asap. The most recent non paying stiffs I've had all had high feedback.............
  • Options
    Scott,
    OUCH!!! I'd be a touch hot...

Thanks for input guys. I wonder if any of you would be a bit skeptical seeing a "0" guy on top of a card that was high-ticket that you wanted? I'll keep your advice in mind.

dgf