Home U.S. Coin Forum

I hate it when this happens.

For quite awhile I've been on the hunt for a 61 cent pcgs pr68cam to complete a set for my wife, and happen upon this auction.
16 coins in all for $435 at the buy-it-now. Two things; first I don't need the other 15, and second, if I make that deal I'm in the dog house.
I know that I could resell the others, but I just don't want to hassle with it right now.

If this lot doesn't sell, would it be considered unethical if I were to write the seller after the auction end and offer to purchase the single Lincoln?

Craig
The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.

Comments

• Why would that be unethical? You're not preventing anyone from purchasing the whole lot if they want and the seller can always say no..
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    It isn't unethical to offer.I would.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    The same thing happened to me, except they were 19th century type coins. What I did was wait until the auction was over and then contacted the high bidder and asked if he wanted to sell. To my slight surprise, he said yes. We made a deal, I sent him the money and I received the coin. It was an 1843 half dime in PCGS MS-63. He sold it at 20% BACK of grey sheet bid. image

Tom
    Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file