Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody else get this from Paypal

66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
Important Notice

Your PayPal account was temporary suspended. PayPal User Agreement expired. According to the new User Agreement, signed on March 24th 2004, you must read and agree. Only when you will read and agree with PayPal User Agreement, you will be able to send and receive money.

This can be done using this link below :

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?agreement

Thank You for using PayPal!

I jumped into my account and it doesn't show any "suspended" action taken. I haven't used the link but it shows secure or is this just BS.
Need something designed and 3D printed?

Comments

• BS. Report it.
  • That sounds bogus to me. I have gotten many like that over the past year or two. I would not follow the link or reply. If you log in to your account they will notify you there if there are any issues.
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    Not from Paypal. Scam to get your info.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a spoof. Report it to eBay and PayPal (although the same people may handle both complaints).

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • BS...report it.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Forward the email to spoof@ebay.com. Don't add anything to it or change the subject line image

Craig
    The Rede we live by: If it harms none, do what you will.
  • 66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    Hey I just had an idea, maybe some one could paypal me a couple grand and see if it worksimage

I'll look for that link to report this stuff. It in my around here somewhereimage OK, got it, thanks,
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • I got this about a week and a half ago....and, coincidentally, it appeared on my local news last week. I have reported it to both, and suggest everyone else that gets it do the same. According to the piece on the news, it has taken alot of people for alot of money. BUT...we should all remember what ebay says....they will NEVER ask you for ANY important information such as is being asked by this email. I had serious questions about it from the first sentence, went to 'My ebay' and sure enough, wasnt suspended, and immediatley reported it.
    'My name is...... Shakezula, the mic rulah, the old schoola, you wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya.....'
  • wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭
    I get these regularly. Just delete them. That's what I've done and my PayPal account still works fine.

WH
  • A year ago they DID have something where you had to read and agree to a new user agreement, but never click on a link--anything you need to do you can do from paypal's website. Even if the link sends you to "www.paypal.com" I think it can be spoofed and really be another site.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭
    No didn't get that one. It's a scam. Kreik, your link has a virus. Mcaffee picked it up as soon as I clicked on the link.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Mcaffee is a piece of crap; your alert is in reference to the .exe download on that website.

The humorus part is that, most of Microsoft’s patches are in that format as well.
    J.Kriek
    Morgan Dollar Aficionado & Vammer
    Current Set: Morgan Hit List 40 VAM Set
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got that a long time ago, twice (An earlier variant with similar wording but no date).

I got it within just a few minutes of having used my PayPal account successfully. image

I don't read any email from PayPal or eBay- period.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file