Home U.S. Coin Forum

Heritage Post Auction Bargains

VeepVeep Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
What is the source for the coins? Are these coins that did not meet the reserve at auction?
"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"

Comments

• I believe you are right, Veep, the coins did not meet reserve and are then offered at a fixed price. I have purchased a coin from one of "these post auction" offerrings. Just be wary that the price is usually a little higher than grey sheet. I purchased the coin because a friend was in desperate need (want!) for it.
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post auction bargains sometimes have some decent coins in them, however, remember, these are the coins that went through the sig auction with no bidders at the opening level, or that did not meet the cosignor's reserve.

A question you have to ask yourself? Why did the coin not sale in the sale: Is the reserve price to high for the quality of coin it is, or does the coin have problems, or not as nice for the grade as it appears. When this coin went up, there were several folks who would have had the opportunity to buy it, that didnt? why is that ?

jim

• merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I have to agree with jim on these coins.People looked and didn't buy?
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • VeepVeep Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭
    The same thought passed through my mind. With all of the potential buyers on-site and all of the registered web bidders, these coins did not sell. Hmmm...
    "Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file