Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How accurate is ANACS?

Is the grading service ANACS just as good as PCGS and NGC? It always seems like people mention PCGS and NGC as the best way to go instead of ANACS. As I sent my coin to ANACS, their not a junk grading service like PCI or ACG right?

Comments

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Hi GoldCoinLover,

No they are not a junk service like PCI or some of the others. They do fine work and grade well. So don't worry! Your coin is in good hands
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    ANACS is #3 of the "big three," Their slabs do not command as much as PCGS or NGC, but they are pretty good ( I use them).

They are by no means a junk service like PCI or SEGS. Or a fraud service like ACG.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    I have a SEGS slab. Should I break it out?
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options

<< <i>I have a SEGS slab. Should I break it out? >>

I can't advise you on that, but I would not expect the coin to grade the same if it were sent to PCGS, NGC or ANACS.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    OK ... no TPG bashing

We don't want any lawsuits to start around here!
  • Options

<< <i>I have a SEGS slab. Should I break it out? >>

yes image
  • Options

<< <i>ANACS is #3 of the "big three," Their slabs do not command as much as PCGS or NGC, but they are pretty good ( I use them).

They are by no means a junk service like PCI or SEGS. Or a fraud service like ACG. >>

Thank you Aethelred. I like that they autheticate their slabs, and most of all they grade damaged coins. That's why I sent my coin to ANACS, I didn't want it to get BB'd by PCGS or NGC image

They also have some nifty stuff like you can have them research your coin and put the appropriate title on it for an extra buck. As you said, "their slabs do not command as much as PCGS or NGC", what are some of the less-strict differences?

I know one of them is that they will not BB coins that are damaged, cleaned, etc.

• Options
    ANACS is without doubt an asset to the hobby!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>ANACS is without doubt an asset to the hobby! >>

I agree. I have sent several coins to them for grading and find them to be very fair and accurate. They are my grading company of choice for old coppers.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    I don't like their holders, and find that their grading is inconsistent for canadian coins
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    WHile I might buy coins in their holders, I don't foresee ever using them again as a TPG service for my coins, after they demonstrated without a doubt that they're not professional (for example, grading a choice uncirculated coin as "net MS-60, bent" when the coin was flawless, and also numerous coins as corroded when they weren't, and saying some others were cleaned and recolored--these I didn't think were, but the case with the supposedly bent coin definitely proves they're not to be trusted, in my opinion).

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22