Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Any bets on whether they mean it? *Link added*

Someone in another forum posted a link to an auction for the molds to counterfeit a U.S. coin, and I sent that link to EBay's policy people with a question about whether counterfeiting equipment was authorized by their policies. Here's the gist of what they said:

<< <i>Thank you for your report.

We will thoroughly investigate the item number(s) you have reported.
Please keep in mind that the actions taken on a specific listing are
confidential and between eBay and the seller. We will not be able to
keep you abreast of any developments for privacy reasons, but we assure
you that we will thoroughly examine this information.

We appreciate your concerns and we thank you for helping to keep eBay a
safe and reputable forum in which to conduct business.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team >>

Believe it or don'timage

Make your own 1851 1/2 dollars!image
Roy

Comments

• Options
    MSD61MSD61 Posts: 3,382
    Sounds like the same old shamming, gold-bricking crapola ebay sends out. I have gotten the same message when I have sent them things they should know.image
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like the same old shamming, gold-bricking crapola ebay sends out. I have gotten the same message when I have sent them things they should know.image >>

Whenever you send them something like that (counterfeiting equipment, et al.) make sure to CC the email to the proper Secret Service email address....I'm sure they'd take care of the problem seller then image
    Monthly giveaways for members AND guests!! Current giveaways include foreign mint sets!!!!
    www.Numismatic-Playground.com
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    What you got was a form letter from an automated e-mail program. That doesn't mean that they won't investigate.
  • Options

<< <i>What you got was a form letter from an automated e-mail program. That doesn't mean that they won't investigate. >>

But it doesn't mean they will, either.imageimageimage

<< <i>Whenever you send them something like that (counterfeiting equipment, et al.) make sure to CC the email to the proper Secret Service email address >>

image Definitely been there, done that!
    Roy

• Options
    I wonder if it would be legal for me to own that stuff, since I live in Canada. I can't see why not...but the SS may see it differently