Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Has a U.S. President ever appeared on a coin issued by another country?

Has a U.S. President ever appeared on a coin issued by another country? What about any U.S. citizen?

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Countless times!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Look no further than Liberia. Babe Ruth, Roberto Clemente, John F. Kennedy, Bill Clinton, Noylan Ryan, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Franklin D. Roosevelt, George Patton, Harry S. Truman, Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie, Kit Carson, Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill, Ronald Reagan, and then there are the Formula 1 drivers (any of them from US?), and all the Star Trek characters (Capt. Kirk was American, right?). If that isn't enough, jump to Marshall Islands and find many more.

WOW!!! I just saw a cool coin from Liberia. 1997 $25.00 commemorating the 25th Anniversary of SCWC. 2.5 oz pure silver. sweeeeet. Now that makes sense. Celebrate a book about coin collecting on a coin. Not much of the stuff out of Liberia makes sense.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Gerry

I'll sell you a gold coin minted in the UAE with Richard Nixon on the obverse...........and I'll give you a good deal

Stewart
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraguay put Lincoln on a coin. As Aethelred said though, there are many of them.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    GerryGerry Posts: 456
    I'll sell you a gold coin minted in the UAE with Richard Nixon on the obverse...........and I'll give you a good deal

Thank you, Stewart, but I'm not a buyer - just trying to settle a bet. Now if it was a Lincoln!!! image

BTW, I hear that a 1925S Lincoln in 65 just got made. Are they trying to flood the market to crush your monopoly? Some nerve. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JFK has been on countless world coins.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW, I hear that a 1925S Lincoln in 65 just got made. >>

Can someone please translate this? I thought that only wise guys got made. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    President Roosevelt shares the obverse of a Philippines commemorative peso with Quezon

President Reagan shares the front of a Philippines business strike and proof with Marcos.

Enjoy!

Just Having Fun
    Jefferson nickels, Standing Libs, and US-Philippines rock
  • Options
    Here is an example of a set of 1993 Clinton coins from the Hutt River Province. The small one is gold and one is an ounce 99.9 silver, the other ounce coin is a metal combination.

If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!