Home PSA Set Registry Forum

more sheet cut 1974 o-pee-chee cards in PSA 9 on ebay

Take a look at the 1974-75 o-pee-chee Phil Esposito AS
and John Davidson rookie on ebay in PSA 9.

I've seen thousands of cards from this year, and I've
never seen razor cuts like that on 74's.

The Bobby Orr 1/1 that sold on ebay last month was sheet cut.
I heard it right from the horses mouth.

Anybody feel that they are not "sheeters" ?

marc

Comments

• Hi Marc,

I don't have any experience with 74 OPC hockey, but I did open a 74 OPC baseball waxbox and I would estimate that 10-15% of the cards had clean cuts, 25-30% with one rough edge, 40-50% with two or three rough edges, and the rest with this really weird miscut that looks like a stub, 1/16'' out from the edge and 1/8'' long. So clean cuts can happen. I would trust a PSA OPC card a hell of a lot more than a BGS/BVG one. I got burned on at least $800+ worth of high grade BGS/BVG OPC Nolan Ryan's, that came back from PSA as trimmed.

Hope this helps,

Scott Jeanblanc
    jeanblanc@iconnect.net
    Ebay UserId : sjeanblanc

-----------------------------------------------
    Collecting Nolan Ryan cards from (68-94)
  • Marc

Those cards really jumped out at me when i saw them. At first view i was 90% sure they were sheet cut. It also put a little fear into me that maybe the 77 OPC Rose 10 was sheet cut because it came from the same seller. I do not know the history or location in Canada of this seller. The closer it is to Guelph the more inclined i would believe it was sheet cut. Mr Martin and others did cut up alot of 74-75's in the past couple of years

After seeing those auctions i decided to go through some boxes and find some of my own 74-75's . I did find some 74-75's that did have clean cuts , not many but i did find some

PSA as a rule is much better at catching OPC baseball sheet cuts than they are hockey
  • zsz70

I wasnt sure if these were sheet cut . But im believing more so now that Jason Martin(mr sheet cut himself) is the current high bidder on these cards.
  • I could be wrong but i dont think that is Jason Martin from guelph bidding on those cards
  • I'm still trying to figure out who you are Howitallbegan???????

Teemu
    I collect Vintage Hockey cards in PSA 8 or better.
  • Since Tom brought this thread back up again. I won the Hull on ebay. I will post back if it is sheet cut or not