Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who will be the third best rookie from this year's basketball crop?

I had to go with Bosh, once he puts on 20 pounds of muscle he could be a Shawn Kemp (the 1993-96 version) with amazing athletic abilities and strength. I would put Barbosa at #4, and not many people know anything about him yet. I think there will be four or five perrenial all stars from this class.
Jason
Baseball Card Heaven, the closest card shop to the Las Vegas Strip.

Our current ebay auctions, and of course BaseBallCardHeaven.com

Comments

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Milicic has turned out to be a waste of a second pick
  • Options

in order

lebron
    carmelo
    wade
    bosh
    darko
    hinrich
    howard
    barbosa
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    At the beginning of the year, I remember reading that many top NBA execs felt that Milicic would be the dominant big man in the Eastern Conference within 2 years, but it would take a while for him to develop. Has that changed? I know he doesn't play much currently, but is he already being termed a "bust"? (If so, anyone need a nice Topps Chrome Refractor of his?)

That being the case, I like Wade, but playing in Miami will keep his career quiet...just like Toronto will do for Bosh.
  • Options
    Darko will be an amazing center down the road....the Pistons don't have to rush him (they have like 4 people who can play center). He is only 18 and wasn't really NBA ready and was drafted on potential. He will become a star center in the east in a few years....just not right away. As for Wade and Bosh...they are both very good players and being in Miami and Toronto will NOT hurt their careers. They will probably become the leaders of their teams (Bosh seems to be more of a leader than Vince and he just turned 19).
    CB4
  • Options

<< <i>in order

lebron
    carmelo
    wade
    bosh
    darko
    hinrich
    howard
    barbosa >>

I agree except that you have Lebron in front of Carmelo. Carmelo is much more consistent and "hurt" much less.

I have some of the rookie Retrofractors from the '04 Heritage set. You inquired about them before.

TheRoach

7 MVP awards, the single season HR record, career walks record, single season walks record, 700HR/500SB, and two batting titles near 40 years old. How can one argue that those aren't stats of the greatest to ever play the game??? All this and there is still more to come!!!! Bonds:2005 NL MVP. Or are you going to doubt him again?
  • Options
    I'd say Wade, esp. after the past few weeks. I didn't think the Heat would make a run at the playoffs after Pat Riley abruptly quit before the season even started. It's interesting Wade's Heat is the 6th position currently, while Lebron's Cavs and Carmelo's Nuggets may not even make the playoffs after hanging on for most the season!
  • Options
    I wouldn't call Millicic a bust, he's put on close to 20 lbs of muscle since getting in the NBA and they think he still may grow taller. Joe Dumars knew that he would need developing as any European league can't compete with the NBA. He definately hasn't been able to play as well has he was hyped, but I wouldn't call him a bust, besides Detroit fans love him.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Good to hear some other thoughts on Milicic. I always thought he was 2-3 years away from being a big time player anyway, but often what happens to these type of players is that they get forgotten as soon as the next big thing comes along who can play right now. Not that this will happen to Darko, especially because quality centers are at a premium in today's NBA.

On another note, does Nick Collison have any chance of being a top player when he returns next season after his injury?
  • Options
    I think Wade is probably #3. I think Milicic will be a good player, but I wonder if his cards will ever recover? I've thought about buying some of his nice stuff as an investment.

KallMalone,
    I will be in Vegas this week and was wondering where you're located on the Strip? I'm staying at the Rio Suites (comped). Wouldn't mind walking down there and checking it out. Don't know what the wife will think about it.

Lmk.

Thanks
    Adam
  • Options
    Carmelo won't even be the 2nd best rookie in this crop. He just a slightly more athletic Glen Robinson. He will be good scorer in the NBA, but doesn't make his teamates better, takes to many bad shots, poor defender. Will get his 20pts and right now is the most overated rookie in last 10 years. I think Wade, Kirk and Darko will be better players down the road..................
  • Options
    While I am not a big fan of him... I have to say Kirk...
    Just a gut feeling... I also like barbosa, bosh and Charbarka as a long shot dark horse...
    seems like their were a lot of good rookies this year... either that or the level in the nba dropped... or the card hyping got to me...

In any case, Kirk seems composed and effective...