Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Lincoln Pattern Nickel Brings $23,000 in PR65RB!

wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bought my Lincoln pattern nickel (J487) a year ago at FUN for $10,063 in PCGS-PR65BN. Tonight a PCGS-PR65RB came up for sale and I was thinking "time to upgrade". In the end, I was the underbidder and the coin sold for $23,000 this time around! Congratulations to the winning bidder - you landed a wonderful pattern nickel!! image

Wondercoin
Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    pictures pictures I WANNA SEE A PICTURE...of the lincoln pattern nickel..image

(last part added so it don't turn into a girlie thread)..image
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    Mitch, is it the "finest known"? I thought it was a high R6 (always forget high or low, but the one closer to R5 then R7). Seems pretty high though. What would a MS62 or MS63 go for? Obviously you thought it was "almost" worth the money either way
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sonofa gunk: Low R-7 probably? New pattern book shows retail of $12,500 for the PR65 grade. $23,000 auction level simply reflects (2) collectors, including myself, wanting the coin. Yes, I "stretched" for the coin. I figured all week, I could comfortably bid up to around $15,000 including commish for the coin. Then, at auction, "something happens" and when asked to go the extra increment, or two, or three, sometimes you just do it. When the auctioneer asked me to go $22k plus commish ($25.3k), for the coin, I knew I had stretched enough on this one! I took a small portion of the unspent money the next day and bought a couple more coins for my Half Dollar, Dollar and $5 Gold sets of Modern Commems in MS70! Nothing like a diversified coin collection image Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you get auction fever too -- seems we all do at one time or another!!!!
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I could only wish.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill