Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

www.cardrumors.com ???

dont you wish there was a site like a cardrumor site that had people who knew big wigs at the companies and could give insights what the card companies were thinking and what would be coming out in the future.......maybe there is such a site...but i dont know about it...thats why i always come here. If anybody knows any sites like this..please let us know.

loth

Comments

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I think the SGC board is similar to that but without all of the "inside information" that you are looking for.

Typo . . . image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    there used to be a guide called the fair value guide...it would review products weeks before they came
    out, it would tell you what cards would be worth and if the product was worth it. The last time I read
    it was back in 2001 after they said heritage would never work. LOL

Kevin
  • Options
    They were correct as it doesn't work.
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    I collect VINTAGE..im 4 cards away from a 56 topps set and i own several 54 and 55 topps cards and 57 topps cards....its POSSIBLE to still love modern cards... why does everyone think it has to be one or the other. I love heritage cause it gives me a chance to pop open packs from a design that hasnt existed in 50 years. I dont know why people segregate like this.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    why give Justin the time of day, he couldn't explain his way out of a wet paper bag when it comes to
    modern cards. He only would look silly and we would all be on him like sharks. He will crawl back
    under his rock...just give him time, slugs move slow.

JS
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Funny someone mentioned the Fair Value Guide. I used to read it too, but just as a checklist of upcoming sets. Their philosophy in designing the prices for sets not released yet where the price of the product was taken into account was a good one, but in practice it didn't work. Their prices were all over the place, usually way too low, especially on rookies. I remember the publisher, who was a card shop owner out of the southwest somewhere, IIRC, used to rant every issue about the pyramid ordering plans the cardmakers had. In order to get an allocation on one case of the top end, sure-fire product, you had to order five cases of mid-grade junk, and to get that allocation you had to order 20 cases of low-end landfill fodder. I don't know if they still do that, but that guy certainly didn't like it.

But it was certainly a breath of fresh air compared to Beckett and Tuff Stuff, and before newsgroups really got going, it was a good source for news on upcoming releases.

Anyway, I think this NG is as good as any for rumors. It has been till now. If there's a Deep Throat in Brooklyn or Carlsbad, they would be welcome.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    what would we do if there was no boards on the internet to go post on....i mean come on....we used to wait every month to read "readers writes" in the old beckett when it was worth something

loth