Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1976 TOPPS Update

Just added the 135 Mcbride,298 Bosman(terrific card with no print/pepper spots which is unusal for this card) and upgraded the 400 carew(stunning). spent a little more than my budget allowed on the PSA 9 Ryan but i just have never seen one without a tilt and this one looked very nice. i will post a picture when i get it.

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

Comments

• That Carew is killer. I love the color and the centering is so nice. I remember that sucker. If you had that card on my block when I was a kid (10 at the time) you were the shiznits!

cheers,
    minibeers
    1966T, 1971T, 1972T raw and in 8s
    1963T Dodgers in 8s
    Pre-war Brooklyn 5s or higher
  • That carew is a killer, sweet card........................
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I have to agree on the Carew...sweet card! Been looking for a nice 9 like that, and have had little luck thus far.
  • mrc32mrc32 Posts: 604
    WOW. Thaat Carew is nice. Finally I have seen a PSA 9 that I can tell a REAL difference from a PSA 8
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    Just added this beauty!nicest one i have ever seen thank you mass35 who i believe is superflysnucka here on the boards.

Collector Focus

i guess i am the only one collecting this set? which i find odd considering the prices that some of these go for on ebay! oh well i added the bubble champ card and the bochte.

Collector Focus

• packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    jackstraw, don't think you are the only one collecting it but you were smart and let the deep pocket big spenders get a headstart now you are reapingthe rewards saving some $$$image
  • Late1970sToppsLate1970sTopps Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    John:

Congratulations on the new additions! They all look outstanding. I have been looking for a high-end 9 Ryan myself. I want to make sure my star cards are outstanding, so I've been holding out waiting to find them at shows. To this point, I haven't had much luck. People don't seem to want to bring their newer cards. It looks like I'm going to have to break down and put in a few bids.

As for the commons, I still like to find them raw whenever possible and send them in myself. I have another 124-76's ready to send off in a 750 card submission on the 15th. After that, most of my raw sources for unique numbers will be exhausted and I will have to join the pack bidding on eBay. I dread the day.

Keep up the good work!

Frank
    Looking for 1975, 1978, and 1979 Topps Baseball in high end PSA 9 and PSA 10.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
    hey frank did you get my email? i was interested in some 76's from your last submission? how did that jr richard look?
    Collector Focus

• Late1970sToppsLate1970sTopps Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    John:

Could you please resend your list? I don't seem to have your e-mail.

As for the Richard, I assume you are talking about the GAI 9.5 that I won on eBay. It was a solid PSA 9, but no more that. However, two of the other 9.5's I won had legitimate shots at becoming PSA 10's. I was most disappointed with the Tanana 9.5 I received. The card managed to get stuffed under the black gasket in the holder. The entire upper right corner was mangled! People can say what they want about the GAI holder, but in my opinion, other than the top label, it's crap.

Frank
    Looking for 1975, 1978, and 1979 Topps Baseball in high end PSA 9 and PSA 10.
    I was 11 when these came out. This set is ingrained in my childhood memories. Thanks for posting the pics, especially the Becaqua bubble card. I can remember my friends and I trying to blow a bubble that big.
    Jim
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers