Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Look at what's in the next Mastro auction!

There are so many awesome cards. Its always nice to see a Wagner card at auction, but look at some of the other cards! I would venture to guess that there are several cards on this list that will exceed the final price of the Wagner PSA 1 card. In my opinion, the Sport Kings Cobb is the most impressive.

1909-11 T206 White Border Honus Wagner - PSA PR-FR 1
Minimum bid $10,000.00.

1915 M101-5 Sporting News Babe Ruth #151 - PSA NM-MT 8
Minimum bid $10,000.00.

1934 Goudey #1 Jimmy Foxx - PSA MINT 9 - ONLY ONE GRADED at this level
Minimum bid $10,000.00.

1948 Leaf #3 Babe Ruth Baseball Card - PSA Mint 9
Minimum bid $10,000.00.

Gem Mint 10 1933 Goudey Sport Kings #1 Ty Cobb
Minimum bid $10,000.00.

1951 Bowman #253 Mickey Mantle Rookie Card - PSA Mint 9
Minimum bid $7,500.00.

1952 Topps #311 Mickey Mantle Rookie - PSA NM-MT 8
Minimum bid $7,500.00.

1915 Cracker Jack #30 Ty Cobb - NM-MT PSA 8
Minimum bid $5,000.00.

1915 Cracker Jack #103 Joe Jackson - PSA NM-MT 8
Minimum bid $5,000.00.

1909-11 T206 White Border Eddie Plank - PSA EX-MT 6
Minimum bid $5,000.00.

1888 N172 Old Judge Cap Anson - PSA NM-MT 8
Minimum bid $5,000.00.

1948-55 Bowman Complete Set Run (9)
Minimum bid $7,500.00.

1968 Topps 3-D Test Complete Set (12)
Minimum bid $5,000.00.

1933 R319 Goudey Set (239)
Minimum bid $2,500.00.

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if I can find that winning lotto ticket!.....image

Steve
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Koby-
    Did you get your catalog today, because I can't find that on the site. I'm in L.A. (as I believe you are) but didn't get my catalog yet. Any Cracker Jack lots in there?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ranchranch Posts: 341
    Koby, do you work for Mastro? Stop spamming, you moron!!!

Moderators, delete this thread!

Thanks.
  • Options
    you don't see too many 68 3-D sets around....i'm sure it will go way beyond my means. no offense to the K- KARD guys but they are nicer than anything to come out of a cereal box.

• Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Griffins - He got the list from the PSA website. The catalog's are supposed to be mailed out next week? It always amazes me the quality material that Masto gets. I always look forward to going through the catalog.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Wow........
    .......It looks like Rob Lifson may have trumped the Monster:

1887 N690 Kalamazoo Bats Dorgan, New York's
    New York Giants player Kalamazoo Bats are exceedingly rare. We estimate that fewer than 25 examples are known in the entire collecting world. The New York player Kalamazoos all feature portraits, and are considered by advanced collectors to actually be a set unto themselves, distinct from the rare but far more available Athletics series. The offered example of New York's Mike Dorgan is in simply astounding Mint condition. In 1987 there was a find of Kalamazoo Bats cards in Philadelphia that included about ten New York players. In addition to the excitement generated by the find due to the incredible rarity of the cards (many of which were never before known to even exist), all were in virtually Mint condition. The offered card is one of the New York Kalamazoo Bats from this legendary find. The card eventually found its way into The Jim Copeland Collection and in 1991 was sold in the famous Copeland Auction, which will always be regarded as one of the true landmark events in hobby history. The card has not seen the light of day since. It has been consigned to this auction directly from the buyer at the Copeland auction. This is a miracle of a card, both in terms of rarity and condition. Bright, crisp, and perfectly clean. Mint condition. Reserve $2,000. Estimate $4,000/$7,000.

1912 Boston Garter Christy Mathewson
    The 1912 Boston Garter set is one of the most beautiful card issues ever produced. It is also one of the rarest. In fact, as duly noted in the Standard Catalog, they are so rare that if it were not for the checklist which appears on the back of each card, we would not even know what players comprise the set, let alone that there are 16 cards to the set (one player is represented from each team). It is a privilege for Robert Edward Auctions to offer the key Hall of Famer, Christy Mathewson, from this extraordinary set. To the best of our knowledge, there are exactly two examples of Christy Mathewson known to exist. This is the better of the two. We estimate that there are fewer than 25 examples of 1912 Boston Garters known to exist in the entire collecting world. This example of Mathewson is the prize of them all. Their great rarity is no doubt in part due to the fact that only one card was issued with each box of 12 garters. 1912 Boston Garters are quite unique in that each features a player in the dugout, without pants, in the midst of getting dressed, proudly displaying their Boston-brand garters. In the background are beautiful stadium scenes, featuring ballplayers warming up. On this magnificent example, Matty appears to be taking a break, resting his arm on his traveling suitcase. The unparalleled quality of the lithography and the unique concept of the set both contribute to making 1912 Boston Garters one of the most distinctive and noteworthy baseball card sets ever issued. The large format card measures 4 x 8.25 inches. Extremely bright and clean, both front and back. There is some very minor light vertical creasing in the lower right corner, as well as a very light corner crease in the upper left corner which is visible upon close inspection from the reverse only, therefore technically VG-Ex but certainly displays as Excellent. Reserve $5,000. Estimate $10,000/$15,000.

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    It's spamming when we talk about hobby events?

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    In my opinion a mastro auction is too big an event to be considered spamming.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Fee...Fi...Fo...Fum.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mastro has really great hi end stuff to look at but for those who don't follow closely, you can get some good buys - their GU authenticated bats of certain players can be bought at below generally accepted retail cost.

<< <i>It's spamming when we talk about hobby events? >>

Koby - IMO that's what we're here for! Thanks for bringing up the auction - we have been talking about the 52T wax for weeks - in fact Kuhlmann has a contest on.
    Thanx, Mike image
    Mike
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    That is definitely an incredible group of cards! When I saw the two
    page ad on the inside cover of the April SMR, my jaw pretty much hit
    the floor. The MINT Rose RC has colors so vibrant it's like staring
    into the sun - it almost hurts to look at it (no, I don't write for
    the Mastro catalog). The unopened material is also astounding. One
    of my favorite items has got to be the autographed '33 Goudey Ruth #53.
    Imagine being mega-rich and going to one of these auctions with a cool
    $half-mil$ to spend on cards... ahhh, we can dream, can't we?

Regarding the PSA 10 Sport Kings Ty Cobb - a gem mint card from 1933
    is unreal, but what is the oldest baseball card that PSA has graded
    gem mint 10? (not counting cards issued with rounded corners)
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    CW- According to the POP report there have been 11 T206's that have been graded GEM MINT 10. Anything earlier?
  • Options
    Wow...what a sick auction. I appreciate it when a board member puts up a thread like this. I'm not a regular with Mastro auctions so I probably would have missed seeing this auction. When a user like Ranch comes on here and says this is spam....why Ranch....you bug everyone on the board and they still let you stay on here.

CB4
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    This Mastro auction is actually written up on the first page of the PSA page. No catalog yet and not on their website yet.

Of course I have no affiliation with mastro, and I am too poor to bid on any Mastro auction. I just thought some of the cards in their upcoming auction are incredible. I read that their lots average $4500. Who is bidding on this stuff? There are definitely some major players in this hobby.

• Options
    FYI - I checked with them this past week concerning catalogs and they are being mailed out on Wednesday of this upcoming week. Can't wait to see what the '52 and '53 Topps unopened stuff goes for.
    "Why is it that Superman could stop a bullet with his chest, yet he ducked when somebody threw a chair at him?"
    "
    " Go ahead and get your fancy barely visible cell phones that get the internet, play DVD's, and can speak 5 languages. As for me and my Atari cell phone it works, it weighs 7 pounds, it is 14 inches long, and it looks like I could call in an airstrike from a remote desert it is so large!"