Home U.S. Coin Forum

Token lovers, Bridge lovers, Bridge token lovers, come one come all *last call*

mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
**LAST CALL** D Q opened yesterday i'm going to be busy for a few weeks

Mackinac Bridge (last C is silent, it's pronounced "mack in awe" not "mack in nack") connects Michigans Upper and Lower Penninsula's.
More pics & links

These bridge tokens have a "face value" of $2.50 but bought in bulk as communter tokens they cost me $1.50. If anyone collects tokens and would like some just let me know and i'll drop them in a flip and mail them off to you for $1.50 each to forum members.

Not sure what dates are available but i'll check into it for anyone who's interested in them. They just roll around in my car until I need one (in the "bank roll" that is, not loosely).
imageMore pics and links

--------T O M---------

-------------------------

Comments

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I got it, but it seems unlikely since it's so new. Does it replace a similar one?

Looks what? ...about 24mm?
    Tempus fugit.
  • mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    I THINK it's new. The crossing fee was $1.50 for the last 45 years so I never really thought about commuter tokens but last year (or the year before) it went up to $2.50 and the commuter tokens were either implemented or became more popular. The "TOKEN ONLY LANE" is only a couple years old so I'm thinking the tokens are new-ish. I seem to remember a friend talking about TICKETS a few years ago wich also reinforces the thought that tokens are new. Not sure yet if there are different years or what. I just put 2 + 2 together (CU forum and tokens image ) and thought I'd offer them to collectors.

More to come.....

--------T O M---------

• mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    ttt

i'll send them out soon

--------T O M---------

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights