Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is it an omen or what???????

I just called Goldberg's to order a catalog for the May 31 - June 3rd Pre Long Beach Sale. While I was on the phone I could hear someone over the intercom saying "Dr. Terner line #1". More of his collection is up for sale.

Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    Does this mean you will be traveling to Long Beach?

I have been there twice, and was thinking about being there next time. The only problem with that show is that you run out of money long before you finish the first row of tables.

Bob
    I like Ikes!! But I especially like Viking Ships, Swedish Plate Money, and all coins Scandinavian.
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Looks like some awesome coins for sale!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Don't believe in "coincidence" myself. Looks like your dare put some coins on the street.image
  • Options
    No I highly doubt I'll be at Long Beach. The airfare and accommodations would take up all my coin money.

As for my dare and this sale. I highly doubt it. I know Bruce Lorich went out to LA a while back to work on The Dr. Terner part of the Catalog.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Anybody know why Terner is selling off his collection? Or is he just thinning it and keeping the real treasures? image

He's got some nice coins! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    He worked on it for over 20 years and only wanted gem quality coins. When he could not find anymore gem quality coins that suited his needs to finish his set he decided to sell.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully, he's at least breaking even if not making money from his collection sale.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Thanks for the info. Hopefully, he's at least breaking even if not making money from his collection sale. >>

He's done quite well, I'm sure.

Dittos to what Bill has said; Terner pretty much exhausted the hunt for gold. When the collection had reached 90-something percent plus and the new finds were starting to diminish, he took his interests elsewhere most likely. Actually, Sale #2 had been planned long before #1 went off last June.

Oh! And doesn't that 1839 proof half crown look SCHWEEEEET! image
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Dr. Terner is now collecting rare PEZ.image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    All I know is I am glad he never found my £2 Eddie Gold.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Sweet stuff......... image
  • Options
    No Long Beach in my future. But either way I wish you the best of luck.
    So many coins, so little money!
    Ebay name: bhil3