Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

$43,000 for an ms 62 Brown 1969 s Double Die Obverse

This is evidently a rare coin.Money does not mean Jack Schit anymore.Coin Collectors rule !!! Lincoln Cents are King !

Are You Listening Gerry ?

I'll bet you bought the coin ?

Stewart

Comments

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Stewart, were you at the auction?
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    Lincolns are always great!!!!!!!!

Dennis
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    WOW!

I keep checking my change, hoping...

Dan
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Stewart
    You know very well,that coin is very rare indeed.Cherrypickers guide and all the Lincoln authorities say the same thing.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Don

I know the coin is rare.Imagine what a gem is worth?After every auction with Lincoln cents that has a scarcity prices keep on escalating like there is no tomorrow.There will assuredly be a Lincoln cent in Central States and then in Long Beach.What will be the next record price?
    '
    Stewart
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Stewart
    As I've said before " You ain't seen nothing yet".The Lincoln will only gain in popularity as 2009 approaches.Especially if the commission makes public there reccomendations as what to do about the Cent in 2009.I have sent my reccomendations to them.I've also said them on this board.Especially the wheat back cents.
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lincolns have a lot going for them and were nearly dormant for many
    years despite being so widely collected. The memorial cents have been ev-
    en more widely ignored. Now there are lots of people starting, upgrading and
    up dating their sets. There almost certainly will be more surprises.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Anybody want to buy my set (Kyle Patrick Collection)? No need to wait until 2009 to sell.
    Marc
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing no MS-65 red 1969-S DDO has surfaced.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 2 rolls of 69-S I saved as a kid....what do I look for??imageimage:
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.