Home PSA Set Registry Forum

The absolutely ULTIMATE Willie Mays card !!!

Sell the farm, your neighbor's farm, and then some.............it doesn't get any better than this Mays card !!!

BOTR

ps) the picture framing is a nice touch, but that insertion fee will kill ya!

Comments

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Nothing like getting back on your heels and swinging for the fences...
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    He went to the Dr. Evil school of card pricing.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    ..........of course, if your from Missouri, the sales tax will be only $75,000...................but that's such a minor, superficial detail. image

BOTR
  • ok, now I've seen it all....get a card thats been in your bike spokes, a black marker, sign it...then put it on ebay for 1 million dollars....damn Ive been going about this all wrong!!!!
  • So what would this guy have for the opening bid if were a real 1954 Topps card (not a reprint)? Someone needs to bid on this to make him think he hit the jackpot, then retract their bid a few days later... image

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • I was going to bid but the 75000 sales tax would kill me. Maybe I should buy a house in East St. Louis and have this guy ship it there.
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Really now, what is going through a person's mind when they post an auction like that? Tracing over the facsimile sig with a marker? Selling a reprint card as real? Can they really think it's worth a million, even if they have no idea about baseball? I wonder if it's a hijacked account, maybe hijacked by the person's little kid. It can't be a scam; a scammer would do a little better job than that, and make it a realistic bid. Someone's having a laugh. Must be.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    This is nuts! This guy either:

1. Is deluded

2. Trying to find an even more deluded bidder.

3. Taking full advantage of the 50¢ posting special (what would it cost at $1Mil to list???)

4. Just trying to get back the money he has into the card.

LOL
  • No really we have no 54 topps with top borders here in Iraq..I will show you after lunch how to sign Willie's name

I mean we paid 1 million dollars on ebay for this..

• Man, that's a crappy job of tracing! But I guess, for only a million dollars, what do you expect!
    Ken's 1934 Goudey Registry Set
    - Slowly (Very Slowly) Working On A 1952 Topps Raw Set (Lower Grade)
  • Mays Card

Just noticed that samsammy23 put a $1,000,000 opening bid on this card. (Hope he doesn't get sniped!)

Now what will happen? Will the seller cancel before he winds up owning a huge seller's fee to eBay or will samsammy23 retract his bid before the auction closes to avoid negative feedback from the seller for non-payment? The plot thickens!

Tom
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Since Sammy entered into a "legally binding contract," I think it would be wise to retract that bid. I mean, the auction does say "1954 Topps Baseball Card" when the picture shown is obviously not, but I'm not sure that's much protection. Other than that, what would allow Sammy not to pay (assuming he won't)? If the guy has a genuine '54 Mays, he's fulfilled his end of the bargain, and I guess would be entitled to the buyer living up to his end of the bargain. Besides, the final value fee he'd hang on the guy goes a bit beyond a "practical joke," even if he files a NPB claim to keep from having to pay it and gets Sammy booted off ebay. It's not the sort of thing I'd want to entangle myself in. Who knows, the guy could be a lunatic with a law degree.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • my bet is that sammy will retract before the 12 hours..as he has 14 retractions in the last 6 months under his feedback..
  • Gotta hand it to Samsammy, 3 hours to go and he's making this goofball think he's got a bid.

What if he got stuck in traffic or something?
  • Bidding has ended, Samsammy won the card. This should be interesting.
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.