Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just back from the Heritage sale.

Wow the 69-S DDO went for big$ $38K I think. The lincolns did not seem as strong as I imagined but most were not nice. I did pick up the NGC MS67RD 1923. It went for $200 less than the PCGS 66RD and was a much nicer coin, not a PCGS 67 but a PQ66RD. The Jeffs suck (sorry if they are or were your coins). I don't think a single coin is a legit FS, even the 54-S. The 45-P's although nice both had merges.

Comments

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Clack

where did the 1942 Cameo Jefferson finish?? did you look at the coin? give an opinion on the frost and mirrors if you did. thanks.

al h.image
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    Al, I did not look at the proof Jeffs. Sorry, I stopped at the 1960

BTW Who won the 47-D in 67RD? That was a NICE coin good buy!
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just north of the sale, should have went down and attended. Oh well, resting up after an all day drive.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clackamas:

Thanks for the report. If you can, give us more thoughts/comments tomorrow after you've had a chance to digest things.
    When in doubt, don't.
    Are you in WA? You should drive down for the show. Its big and probably worth the drive.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you in WA? You should drive down for the show. Its big and probably worth the drive. >>

No, I am in Portland and will be going to the show (the reason I drove all day). I just didn't realize the auction was tonight and should have drove down to the auction.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Jeffs, overall, went for super strong money IMHO. It was good to see the series perform so strongly. image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    Looks like you added a nice coin to your set! Your set sure is coming along nicely. I didn't bid on anything, if I had it might have been an ms65 1919-d. To me (based on images only of course) the one that sold for $1000 less seemed far superior as I can't stomach the other one's strike. Was anything wrong with the cheaper one? The 18-s,23-s,24-s all did really well! Were they nice coins? Thanks Brian!

BTW I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can go to the next Long Beach show! I would be more than happy to check out any Lincoln Cents for anyone!
    >>>Was anything wrong with the cheaper one?

Yes, it was an RB coin, IMO 64RB.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file