Home U.S. Coin Forum

Question: Where do you guys get your coin wrappers??

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering where you "big" guys get your coin wrappers? I have several thousand nickels that I need to roll!! I love those "Coin-tainer" rolls that you buy at Wal-Mart, Kmart , etc. because they are larger sized, but they don't just sell nickel wrappers. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Chrisimage

Comments

• DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    I get mine free from my bank (but I just use them for depositing coins).

I've noticed that our local stationary store sells coin wrappers, as does Staples.

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• My bank supplies them.
    Gary
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you just need a few most banks will happily give you a few dozen. If you need kome
    then Walmart or the like sells them. If you need a lot more than buy a box from an office
    supply store.

If these are to take to the bank it's a good idea to check with them first as some banks will
    accept only loose coin.
    Tempus fugit.
  • The Home Depot near me sells them.They have 40-count bags for 2$ each for cents,nickels,dimes,quarters,and assorted.
  • I just got a bunch today from my bank. They gave me about 60 in various denominations, but I'm sure I could have gotten more if I asked. They don't take lose change, I asked because if they did I wouldn't have to roll them up. The teller mentioned I would need to write my account number on the wrapper.
  • LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    The bank, if you need a lot, you can go to different branches or do a little at a time.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,000 count boxes usually run about $12.
    Tempus fugit.
  • If you need more than a few, you can get them at a 99-cent store.
    small_d

e-mail me here

WINNER:
    POTD 8-30-05 (awarded by dthigpen)
    POTD 9-8-05 (awarded by gsaguy)
    GSAGUY Slam 12-10-04

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file