Home U.S. Coin Forum

coppercoins.com operational again.

Although the information there is backed up to March 1st, it's up. All the work done this month has been lost, but that's only around 50 entries. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, and they were pretty fast to get me back on my feet. The server administrator worked the issue from 10AM-11PM without a break...then I wirked on updating the site from 1AM-4AM, and everything looks relatively normal.

One thing - if the people who registered at the forum there recently no longer have accounts there, you did NOT get kicked out...the backup I had simply didn't have your info in it. Please re-register, as your participation has been welcomed. Sorry for the inconveniences.
C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
The Lincoln cent store:
http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
http://www.cdaughtrey.com
USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.

Comments

• ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    Thanks for the update!
  • AWESOME !! Very glad to hear you're back up and running.
    I know just from my few recent visits that i will be growing to rely on your site for the valuable and informative info you provide.

P.S. Thanks for what you do image

• MarkMark Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOOD DEAL!!

And for those who do not participate on the coppercoins site, check out this thread. In particular, go to the 6th post on which Ms. Bach gives her website and check out her website. The variety of people who have an interest in coins is, itself, really interesting.

Mark
    Mark

• Yes, I was there yesterday and it had lots of funky code showing on the pages.....still some at top of http://www.coppercoins.com/faq.php

I enjoy your site. It is well-designed and has good content. Thanks.
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats great news, and thanks for the update.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    G;ad to hear it survived mostly intact.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Excellent!..One of the best web sites on the internet IMO..
  • imageimageimage
    JoeCool
  • meos1meos1 Posts: 1,135
    Coppercoins,

Make sure you are backing up the data as well as the metabase if your using IIS. Particuliarly if you use Windows 2K or Win2K3 you need to make sure that you back up the state as well as the data and then follow with a metabase back up.

The most important part of disaster recovery is testing out the restore process and proving you can stand that machine back up after it fails.

Dan

If you are considering a move to IIS 5 or 6 or want general consulting contact me.
    I am just throwing cheese to the rats chewing on the chains of my sanity!

First Place Winner of the 2005 Rampage design contest!
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 28,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is good news.
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file