Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

GOETZ: College of Arsonists K-141

Opus 141 “COLLEGE OF WORLD ARSONISTS” (Brandstifer Kollegium – Der Lügenfeldzug der Entente), 1915, 60 X 90mm, Cast AE.

Inscription on Obverse; “Delcassé, Grey, Iswolsky, Salandra – Council of Arsonists.” (The names and faces are those of the Allied leaders of France, England, Russia and the Prime Minister of Italy.) Harpy in chariot crushing the German soldiers with Inscription on the Reverse; “The Campaign of lies of the Entente, 1914.” On the Chariot “Victory train: Berlin, Vienna, Constantinople.”

Comments

• Options
    Very interesting! Thank You! Very Educational! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    oldshepoldshep Posts: 3,240
    Looking forward to many more pictures from your "goodie box" - keep 'em coming.
    Shep
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting Scott-well imaged as usual...

I would have expected the pictures of the world leaders to have been rendered in caricature but they seem reasonably normal,
    unlike the caustic representation on the reverse.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Nice, any reason why he used an oval?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he used oval in order to more easily depict the four faces?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I believe it was a design feature to assist with the placement of multiple people, much like K-140 below. Please excuse the quality of this image, it is earmarked for reimaging when I get the chance.

• Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Very Nice.

Now let's get busy with the rest of that box.image
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    I'll try to get another up before the end of the day. Leaving at 0500 tomorrow morning for the ANA in Portland. Hopefully will meet up with Clankeye, Boiler78, and a bunch of dealers I've never met. image
  • Options
    ANother nice one. So much history is being gathered in place. One of these days I would love to see your collection in person.

I wish I could join you guys tomorrowimage

Say Hi to Karl S. for meimage
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Will do cosmic....

I'm a virgin...this is my first show!!
  • Options
    You'll have a blast. The ANA in Baltimore was a Great time for me at my first big show.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    His first show and he's doing an ANA show? Someboby out there better be on the lookout for him with a vial of smelling salts. Going to have a case of sensory overload going on. Better get him into a straight jacket and under no circumstances allow him to get near an ATM machine with his credit cards.
  • Options
    image I'm outta here!!!!! See you Sunday night!