Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Article on San Francisco Mint - SF Chronicle

Hi,

Ran across this in the morning paper, interesting.

SF Mint Article

-Brian

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the link. I wish I was on that tour! One thing that really makes me want to be someplace is not being allowed to be there image
  • Options
    evening
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I remember taking a tour through the old SF mint when I was in grade school or Jr. High in the late 70's.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    This is a funny story sort of appropriate to this thread... my completely non coin collecting friends tried to find some bar in SF last week called "The Mint" or something of the sort. They called up information, got the address, and then when they thought they were there, they realized they were at the actual mint!
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I am sure many of us have circulated coins from the San Francisco Mint of the 19th century so that we can look at such coins and proudly think what it was like back then.

Heck even the uncirculated and very available (and AFFORDABLE) 1879-S silver dollar right from the San Franscisco Mint is celebrating its own 125th anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file