Home U.S. Coin Forum

question??

What is the deal with this holder?....is it similar to the GSA holders?
Link

Comments

• GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    U.S. Government-Silver Dollar I believe is what the holder says. Not from the Mints GSA sale which were CC Dollars.
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • ok, thank you..
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    The holder is worth more than the coin.
  • Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    It isn't a GSA holder but I wonder if it might be one of the surplus dollars that the government sold off in the late 1980's when they closed down the Old San Francisco mint and disposed of the silver dollars on display there. They sold them through the mint mailing list but I never saw what kind of holder they were distributed in. I don't think it is too likely though that this would be one of them. The general concenus amoung those that received them was that they were real dogs, worn and damaged. This one looks like it is too good for the reports that I heard.
  • TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    I saw the auction when it first came out. The pat pend is on the side(rim) of the case. I checked my GSA cases and there's no pat pend on them. On the Ike GSA series there's the pat pend but it's on the face of the slab on the bottom. Intresting...

Tom
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Tom,

BIN it! You know you want to. image

Russ, NCNE
  • TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    Russ
    If i new more about that slab I would have.

Tom

Hey i did bin on 2 mint boxes(50 STATE QUARTERS 5 COIN PROOF COLLECTORS BOX )(new never used) for $20 big ones yesterday for both. I have seen those suckers hit $40 bucks on Ebay. I think that was cheaper than the issue price.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file