Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

A new complete Walker set. Current finest!

Take a look at the new Walker set. I am impressed with the coins that are condition rarities and are finest know. Very nice effort on the part of the collector that spent 15 years gathering the coins. Long before the registry or 3rd party grading!! Big thumbs up!image

Comments

• Options
    I agree that the The G B W Collection is out of this world . image

I feel this set deserves to be recognized as the all time finest since the only set rated higher (Jack Lee)
    is not weighted but shows an average grade before weighting was implemented. I admire both collections
    but believe the G B W Collection has raised the bar to seemingly insurmountable heights.

My warmest congratulations to the collector who assembled this great collection.

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    It is a magnificent set. Worthy of our admiration for its quality and beauty.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    coolkarmacoolkarma Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Absolutely amazing! imageCheck out The G B W Collection Only 7 dates are not the highest graded, and 5 of those dates have only 1 coin better (the other two dates have 2 better each)image Truly a fantastic accomplishment. Congratulations!!!!!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Think the owner will take silver value for the set?
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    haletjhaletj Posts: 2,192
    I like the 23-s the best! Nice Strike!
  • Options
    I have heard that this set is being sold. Does anybody have any more information about that?

Steve
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incredible set, and most of the coins are outstandingly pictured.

Having just bought a 1935-S in MS65, I was particularly impressed to see the MS67. Wow!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    Dennis,
    I used to own the 35s, and it just makes me weep that it isn't in my set any more.
    Dick
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dick:

When I was shopping for a 35-S and couldn't find one I liked, I used to occasionally look at the far right column in the Pop Report and be amazed that a 67 even existed. I always wondered if it was toned or blast white, so to finally see it's blasty was a thrill. What a coin! I hope that letting it go from your set allowed you to make several upgrades!
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    What can you say? That set defies description! image
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!! What a phenomenal set!!! I can only imagine the time, patience, and money that went into building that collection.

I'm glad the set was registered before being sold. Thanks to the owner and Pinnacle for allowing us to view it!

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    I bought received 5 of the coins this morning for approval and bought 4 of them..... 1940 ms68, 1942-D ms68, 1943 ms68, and the 1947 ms67..... They are a sight to behold in person and the photos are some of the most accurate I've seen.....
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    WOW, nice set. Walkers are awesome.