Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Regarding Penny Sleeves, which is best to use?

I have noticed that with some penny sleeves, the card surface (esp. chrome stock - bowman, topps, etc.) sticks to the sleeve. There appears to be some residual oil in the sleeve, even though the penny sleeve is advertised as "PVC free."
What gives here? What brand of penny sleeves do u use/recommend? Thanks.
I collect Topps Chrome Basketball Rookie Refractors, particularly from 96-97, and limited edition rookies of Taiwanese baseball players.

Comments

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    "Sticking" or adhesion of card to sleeve is not the only thing that should worry you. Some sleeves, when produced, have these particles or air bubbles on the surface which can dent the card.

Try some premium sleeves like Ultra Pro Platinums. They are high quality. No particle problem, and it should not stick to your card.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    I use Ultra Pro and Collector safe. Like DG said some have those tiny bumps/air bubble (didn't really take a closer look at it) and leave dents. I throw them out. I use ultra pro most of the time. I store some cards in sleeves in 300, 400 ct. boxes and prefer to use ultra pro. Collector safe won't fit (a little long) in these boxes and will tend to bend the cards.
    RIP Snow