Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

my 1st psa 1 who hoo !!!!!!!!!!

well I had a couple vouchers so I sent in a couple venezualans an orr I had lying around and a brown I pulled from a pack a few months ago, got my 1st psa 1, and my 1st psa 2 for that matter.

never thought I would be so excited for a psa 1

1 11781809 1967 VENEZUELA TOPPS 193 CARL YASTRZEMSKI N/A 1
2 11781810 1967 VENEZUELA 180 ROY CAMPANELLA RETIRADO 2
3 11781811 1977 O-PEE-CHEE 251 BOBBY ORR N/A 7
4 11781812 1961 FLEER 11 JIM BROWN N/A 9OC

Comments

• Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Congrats............I think

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    DavinoDavino Posts: 333

<< <i>Congrats............I think

dave >>

my thoughts exactly,

dave(#2)image
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    What is your next quest? A 1988 Topps common graded PSA Authentic?
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I'm just happy they holdered them. not cards that you get very often and wasn't sure that they would be holdered. for the record, the yaz was bought as vg and the campanella was bought at vg-ex . image 88 topps common or a venezualan , tough choiceimage
  • Options
    heres a psa-1 of the seldom seen 1977 venezuelan league sticker, johnny bench. when you check out back of card scan you`ll see main reason of the psa-1 grade. but also knowing how severe psa is on glue issues, i believe only the rarity of the issue pulled it through to even get a psa-1 grade.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Righteous !

congrats and welcome image
  • Options
    Hey Pack:

Was that the same Yaz Venezuelan that we discussed earlier? I bought the supposed "NM" version, but it will probably get a PSA 5 or 6 as you predicted. Since SGC has half grades, I also sent another one there to get graded.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    << brown I pulled from a pack a few months ago>>

How the heck does a card pulled from a pack get a PSA 1?
  • Options
    gemmy , the brown isn't the 1. the brown is 9 oc. super focused clear card , just o/c.

67stand, yup that's the one! i would have returned it if i thought I could get another but you know how hard these are and it was relatively cheap. I don't think anyone else really has inventory besides Dave's . it has a major crease. the campy actually displays nicely with no creases and with minor glue on the back.

edited to ease the confusion :

• Options
  • Options
    I actually got a picture to post!image
  • Options
    67 stand up , was that the nm 67 yaz venez to get the sgc 50?
  • Options
    JoeCool
  • Options
    Pack: no, that was another that I won off Ebay a few months ago, I was happy with the SGC grade. The half point scale comes in handy with Venezuelans, I wouldn't go to PSA for VG cards. However, the NM 1967 Yaz that I purchased should get at least a PSA 6 (or a rare PSA 7), I also bought the 1959 Mantle. And I paid up the @#$@ for the PSA 5 1960 Yaz a few days ago on Ebay.

I'm selling a variety of vintage OPCs if you're into those.
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” - George Carlin
  • Options
    saw the 60 yaz, I'm not sure to be happy or sad for you, you are one of the rare few to outgun oyshimage
    saw those auctions , the ryan is pretty cool. for those who are interested 67standups auctions